The Horse Forum (http://www.horseforum.com/forumindex.php)
- Jumping (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/)
- - showing help (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/showing-help-9552/)
okay...i have been showing all my life...but this will be my first time going without a trainer. :shock:
I will be entering a Low Jumper class 2', a Schooling Hunter Class 2', a Long Sturrip Class 2'3 and a Hopefull Hunter Over Fences 2'6 '3. Depending on the day I might drop the Hopefull Hunter Class.
I have not done any out of barn shows in a while and i have a few questions.
1. Can I use my running martingale? 2. Attire is a polo, breeches, and tall boots? 3. Can I use any color saddle pad "square"? 4. Can I use open front boots and bell boots?
1.Do manes and tails have to be braided?
I use a Elevator Bit when im doing jumpers is that okay? If not can I use a Full Cheek Twisted Snaffle. For Hunters what bits can I use other than a D-Ring Snaffle?
Thank you so much for your help =]
changes on the elevator bit...instead were using a curb chain...recent change is that legal? :shock:
Re: showing help
2) You can go "formal" (breeches, show shirt, and show jacket) or "informal" (breeches, polo) Tall boots are best.
3) I believe so... I prefer white to show though.. it's more .. professional?
Braids are a part of your overall turnout, which the judges will judge. It is considered to be proper hunter attire to braid at least the mane.
To be 100% sure, check with the show stewards. You can use the bit for jumpers for sure, not 100% sure about hunters.
GOOD LUCK! Have fun!
Any form of elevator bit is not allowed in the hunter ring, but for the jumper ring an elevator is perfectly fine (what I show in).
(1)Yes you can use the running (2)yes if its a schooling show (3)yes you can use any color/shape saddle pad you want if its a schooling show (4)yes boots are allowed
(1) its up to you. It adds to your overall appearence. You can still win without a braided mane and tail, but it gives the judge a better feeling to see a well put together horse
I hope this helps. If you have anymore questions just ask :D
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:35 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.