The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Browband help? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/browband-help-95582/)

Hooves 08-19-2011 09:41 PM

Browband help?

How do you remove a browband from a bridle? Cause I'm feeling pretty dumb here...:? I just want to remove it so I can make a ribbon browband, and I think it's easier if it's not on the bridle, right?

LovesMyDunnBoy 08-19-2011 09:49 PM

Depends on the bridle, mine is you just unbuckle the bit part and slide it down and off..it's a western bridle.
Posted via Mobile Device

DejaVu 08-20-2011 04:19 PM

Western bridle: Undo the bit pieces, and slide it right off.

English- Remove the bit pieces, unbuckle the caveson, slide it out from the browband, and then slide the browband off the crown piece.

It seems difficult at first, but it's really not bad at all, once you learn all the pieces of the bridle.

I was in Pony Club, so I was made to take apart and put back together a bridle for a rating. Definitely learned a ton about all the tack parts in PC. :-)

verona1016 08-22-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DejaVu (Post 1143910)
English- Remove the bit pieces, unbuckle the caveson, slide it out from the browband, and then slide the browband off the crown piece.

It seems difficult at first, but it's really not bad at all, once you learn all the pieces of the bridle.

I learned how the pieces fit together the hard way- I ordered my own bridle when I was leasing a horse because he didn't have his own I was tired of having to adjust every time I rode. Well, the bridle I ordered came disassembled (I assume this is standard; I haven't purchased another bridle since) so I spent an embarrassingly long amount of time studying bridle pictures on the internet and finally got it put together right :-)

Alwaysbehind 08-22-2011 12:45 PM

Hmmm, any bridle I have purchased has been assembled.

Getting the brow band back on (or on in the first place) can be a challenge the first time you do it. Make sure you pay good attention as you take it off.

DejaVu 08-23-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verona1016 (Post 1145544)
I learned how the pieces fit together the hard way- I ordered my own bridle when I was leasing a horse because he didn't have his own I was tired of having to adjust every time I rode. Well, the bridle I ordered came disassembled (I assume this is standard; I haven't purchased another bridle since) so I spent an embarrassingly long amount of time studying bridle pictures on the internet and finally got it put together right :-)

My bridles have all come dissassembled as well. I ordered my current bridles from Dover.... Less shipping cost when it's all apart, since you don't need a bigger package to fit it assembled. Atleast that's the theory I've come up with. :lol: