The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Trail Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/)
-   -   Hoover and the Big Hill (Bragging) (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/hoover-big-hill-bragging-9560/)

HooverH 05-31-2008 08:15 PM

Hoover and the Big Hill (Bragging)

We have this large hill on the trail that we generally gallop or canter up. Hoover has never been able to make it all the way up trotting. He'll get about half way, then start walking, and put his head down like he's thinking "dammit."

Last week I took him out with his new saddle. He was feeling really good, wanted to trail. When Drifter took the hill, I let Hoove have his head and started cheering him on like I always do. He started out at a trot, but half way up shifted into a canter! He's never felt good enough to canter for me before, and he made the whole hill running. It was amazing, and I was sooo proud of him. :D

jiffers328 05-31-2008 08:18 PM

awww how cute!!

Dumas'_Grrrl 05-31-2008 10:04 PM

Yeah HOOVER!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D Good job buddy!!! :wink:

americancowgurl31391 05-31-2008 11:09 PM

That is an accomplishment!! My horse luvs to run up hills but sometimes i make him walk on purpose so he gets a workout. Good Job Hoover(luv that name by the way)!!

PoptartShop 05-31-2008 11:12 PM

Aww that's great!! :D :D

Vidaloco 06-10-2008 08:34 AM

We have a hill on our trails I call San Juan Hill. My husband loves charging up that hill so I call him Teddy (Theodore Roosevelt) We both love racing up that hill :lol:
Congratulations Hoover for taking the hill!

Barbarosa 06-21-2008 04:13 AM

Crack me up much! Nothing like a good CHARGE!!!! Vida makes me sound like the Bull Moose himself.. Bully!!! I think we need a trumpet.... I keep having visions of "Uncle Teddy" in the movie "Arsnic and Old Lace" and uncle Teddy blowing the trumpet and charging up the stairs.. That was before the commited him to Sunnydale... :shock: