The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   Give me your thoughts pls:) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/give-me-your-thoughts-pls-95634/)

telly 08-20-2011 07:52 PM

Give me your thoughts pls:)

1 Attachment(s)
<P>Please give me your opinions on this mare for broodmare purposes, I am going to try to post more pics but I haven't figure this out yet:)

ladybugsgirl 08-20-2011 07:55 PM

Is there something wrong with her that she is just going to be a broodmare...shes cute but I would'nt breed just cuz of all the unwanted horses that already need homes..

Ray MacDonald 08-20-2011 08:12 PM

I agree. I would buy a prospect instead of breeding because it is a lot cheaper and there isn't any risk since they would already be born LOL.

telly 08-20-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybugsgirl (Post 1144068)
Is there something wrong with her that she is just going to be a broodmare...shes cute but I would'nt breed just cuz of all the unwanted horses that already need homes..

this mare needs some training and time, I would give her both but I also want a baby and I really like her, but she hasn't been rode in a long time but with some help she will be:)

ladybugsgirl 08-20-2011 08:17 PM

there are alot of babies out there for sale. I would seriously look into buying one and then work on training this mare...she would make a nice little riding horse I think...

telly 08-20-2011 08:25 PM

I see her everyday and I would love to give her the attention and training she needs, just thinking right now but i think i can give her what is needed and she's not getting. That would be first and maybe in the future she will reward me with a great baby with the right sire, I am not going to use her for strictly breeding purposes sorry I realize I may have come across like that I won't purchase unless she can be worked with as well.

Ray MacDonald 08-21-2011 08:37 PM

I'd say train her first and see her potential, then think of a baby.

ladybugsgirl 08-21-2011 08:57 PM

Agreed
Posted via Mobile Device

telly 08-21-2011 09:25 PM

Ya you bet, I will see what happens but I am thinking now I am just going to purchase a filly in the spring. I dont need the extra expenses right at this time and she should still be around then if I decide to go that way at a later date, thx for replies

ladybugsgirl 08-21-2011 09:34 PM

Good luck :)
Posted via Mobile Device