What fun things do you do with your horse?
Since someone in another topic suggested I don't have fun with my horses, I thought I'd start this topic. Here are the things I do with Maia when I need a break from "all the collection-this and flexion-that" - I would love to hear what everyone else does to have fun with their horses!
- I spend about one in three rides bareback and in a halter, just moseying around
- sometimes I will sit around braiding Maia's mane and tail while she grazes
- I sit on her feeder and just listen to her eat, talking to her
- I nap on her back while she grazes
- I go for gallops in the quarter sections across the road (and don't care if the horse is above the vertical ;) )
- I go for walks (in hand or riding) down the road and let the horse graze on the patch of grass at the end of the lane
- when I just need to talk, I'll take her for a walk
alright I think that's my list for now, my brain's too pooped to come up with more... your guys' turn!!
- i tend to let my horse take me where she wants in whoteva gait she wants
- go n run arwnd with her in her field or go to sleep with her :P
- canter thru 7 foot grass (thts reli cool when mee ponys onli 13.2hh)
- sing&dance to her
canter her bareback with just her headcollar n lead rope
there is more but cant reli think of them at this moment :P :)
I do Parelli stuff with my horse. I don't totally agree with everything he does, he still has heaps of fun stuff you can do.
- make an obstacle course
- novelties (bending race, sack race etc)
- use your horse for transport (eg posting letters)
- 'bombproof' your horse, expose him/her to as many different situations/objects as possible (safely of course! I"m not suggesting taking him for a trip down the highway to get him used to trucks lol)
- teach him tricks (my horse shakes hands, high fives (with nose) & fetches (i taught her that to prove horses were better than dogs lol)
- trailriding (my favourite pasttime!)
- camping (even if its just next to his yard, its fun!) I'm going to sleep a night in the horses tack shed this holidays... if I can brave the spiders lol
- obedience training (on the ground) lol again i was proving that horses are better than dogs
thats all i can think of for now!
How funny JDI very productive response :wink:
I'm afraid I don't do any work with my horse, guess I should. So its all pretty much for fun. I respect everyone who shows or works on improving their horse. Guess I'm just a lazy horse owner :lol:
-I play tag with my horse...yes tag... :lol:
-we race from one end of the pasture to the other...i've never won...lol
-i hop on bareback at random times when hes in his pen with no halter or anything and i talk or he takes me around his pen at a walk 8)
-he gets a bath every week and i do his mane up all pretty and his tail and take LOADS of pictures :shock:
-i take him over to our nieghbors house for a visit, he likes the mare they are training heehee :P
Leader loves playing in the hose.
So that's something fun we do =)
I go down a trail to an open field and let her do what ever. If she wants to run than she can run, if she wants to eat than she can eat. I will also turn her out in ring and we will play tag, its really cute. I also just ride her bareback and let her run and do everything she wants.
I play tag with my horse. :D She loves it!
I also let her 'chase' me around sometimes haha she likes doing that. :D Sometimes I will just walk her around...or I'll walk side-by-side with her on a trail. I do a lot of fun things with her!
I also do some Parelli. Nothing major, though. :P Sometimes I'll just talk with her as she's grazing. Or I'll braid her mane or tail for practice, as I'm not the best at that lol. :lol:
It's great to read all these responses!! Keep 'em coming!
I love playing around with Jubilee! My favourite thing to do with her is to first lead her around with the lead rope and then carefully unhook it but keep it poised in the same position near her. She has no idea she's free! Haha. Then I drop the lead rope entirely. She'll follow me wherever I go, it's so cute!! :D If I stop, she stops, if I turn she turns with me, no lead or anything. Its adorable. She'll come to me if I'm standing in front of her too. I also like working on her coming forwards to me and backing up without me having to touch her much. I also love just sitting on the edge of the fence and letting her sniff me or rub up against me or nose for treats. :wink: She's such a cutie. Some people just tack up their horse and ride but I love just spending time with my horse. She is a pet too, not just something to jump on. :) Haha... I sun-tan on her back too sometimes, haha. Or just sit in the grass with her while she eats. That's all I can think of for now. Something else will come to mind though!
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:33 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.