The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   know where i can find this? (

Kaitlan 06-01-2008 03:16 PM

know where i can find this?
my friend told me to look for a german weighted loose ring snaffle on and i cant find it. i cant find it anywhere on the internet. does anyone know where i can find this? or the proper name to look for it or something because i would really like to try it out on my horse.

kitten_Val 06-02-2008 06:52 AM

What you mean by "german"? German-made or german silver (metal)?

This is german silver at dover

(you can just do the search on albacon and will see lots of different ones).

Kaitlan 06-02-2008 04:14 PM

ok, nevermind. lol. sorry. ive decided that i dont want to try this bit anymore. the one ive got is fine. but, out of curiosity, im riding my horse in a eggbutt snaffle right now. he's a green 6 year old ottb and im training him to round and put his head down. he's doing fine with this bit but he's not concistent(sp?) in putting his head down. i was just wondering if there's a better bit that would help him to accomplish this. i know he won't be perfect at it until he gains the necessaery muscle but is there a bit that will make him want to give to the bit more? just wondering. thanks!

kickshaw 06-02-2008 06:45 PM

if he does it "sometimes" with the eggbutt, i would evaluate your seat/ bit is a mericle cure for a headset ;)

my saddlebred had bit committment issues when he switched to hunter...i realized i was not giving him enough support with my hands for him to feel comfy with it :)

good luck

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome