The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   Mountain Horse boots (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/mountain-horse-boots-95938/)

DejaVu 08-23-2011 07:27 PM

Mountain Horse boots

I've been looking at the Venice field boot made by Mountain Horse for quite some time. Mountain Horse has a pretty good name, but is there any down sides to them, that should be known?

I've pretty much narrowed it down the the Venice boots, since I like the price, and Mountain Horse is the only brand that has my correct size. What are your experiences with Mountain Horse boots?

AlexS 08-26-2011 10:54 PM

I am surprised that you have not have responses yet, as Mountain Horse boots are pretty popular.

I delayed responding as I have no experience of the Venice boots, but my winter riding boots are Mountain Horse and I love them.

I usually wear an 8.5 though, and mine are an 8 and fit comfortably with heavy winter socks - so they may run a little large.

SunnyK01 08-27-2011 10:24 PM

I LOVE my Venice boots! Extremely comfortable, attractive, nice quality leather - I can't say enough good things about them honestly.

I do agree they may run a bit large, as I normall wear a 7.5, and my boots are a 7. I first ordered an 8 and they were HUGE.

DejaVu 08-28-2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunnyK01 (Post 1152587)
I LOVE my Venice boots! Extremely comfortable, attractive, nice quality leather - I can't say enough good things about them honestly.

I do agree they may run a bit large, as I normall wear a 7.5, and my boots are a 7. I first ordered an 8 and they were HUGE.

Great to know. :-)

How long have you had them, and how often do you ride in them?

SunnyK01 08-28-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DejaVu (Post 1153014)
Great to know. :-)

How long have you had them, and how often do you ride in them?

I've had them for about a year now. I generally ride in them 1 - 3 times per week; both normal schooling sessions of an hourish in the arena, and also on day long trail rides. I am not the best at doing regular cleanings on my boots, but they still are in great condition and polish up well enough to show in them.

MyBoyPuck 09-15-2011 09:37 PM

I don't know which ones I have. I just know they are Mountain Horse tall boots with black fleece lining. I got them last November and rode in them 5 days a week all winter. So far so good as far as holding up. Very warm!