The Horse Forum (http://www.horseforum.com/forumindex.php)
- Horse Riding Critique (/horse-riding-critique/)
- - Riding Pictures of Jubilee & Me! (Dressage People??) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/riding-pictures-jubilee-me-dressage-people-9604/)
Riding Pictures of Jubilee & Me! (Dressage People??)
Here's some pictures of me riding Jubilee. These first couple are from September 07 when I first got her. Just some background, she has a lot of dressage training in her, unfortunately I have no training in dressage. I've been riding for 5 years, but have only been riding English for about 3 and a half years. I've done English equitation and hunter-jumper.
Anyway .... Please be honest, rip me apart if you have to. :wink: Oh, and I know my posture is bad in some of them. :oops: I am aware I need work. Haha.
These two pics are from this May (mind you I did not ride much over the winter):
4th 5th and 7th you should lean back a bit more.also you should probably try straightening out your back a little bit more.shes gorgeous by the way!! oh trust me...you look better than i do in the saddle lately so don't feel bad.haha.very nice
Thanks! If I look good only a little, its all because of her! Lol. And yeah, I really need to work on my posture.
With a really quick look you need to shorten your stirrups. Your thigh and calf should make a right angle.
Edit: And you definitely have a chair seat.
Yeah, you have a chair seat, but I'm not sure how to correct it! Sorry! Another thing I noticed is that you need to turn your toes WAY in.
There are far too many pictures for me to critique each individual one, so I'll just do an overall critique:
- you need to bring your leg back under you; you should have a straight line down from your shoulder to your hip to your ankle.
- elbows back at your sides and bent to make a straight line from your elbow to your horse's mouth
- flex your head back so your neck isn't so stretched out
- your toes need to be pointing straight ahead rather than out to either side
- thumbs up
- don't have such an angle in your hip, lean back more.. the maximum angle on the flat should be 30 degrees.
- keep your hands off the horse's wither
- should be on the vertical
- should be bent to the direction it's going
Sorry I have the attention span of a fly right now... :(
Overall you two are very cute together, and I definitely see potential!
JDI, thanks for the critique. I do think maybe my stirrups are too long. It's weird because on the horse I used to ride I didn't seem to have this "chair seat" problem. About the toes pointing outwards, I do realize this too. But by far, it is the hardest thing I have ever tried correctly about myself. My feet just won't go that way ... :? What do you mean "on the vertical"... as in framing?
Any conformation ideas about her?
Ok. I actually meant to ask what you thought of her conformation wise, as a horse.
You guys look great! :D
I agree, working on your posture is good. Maybe some bareback work? :) He's really cute!
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:19 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.