The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Work Rant! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/work-rant-9612/)

kickshaw 06-02-2008 11:32 AM

Work Rant!

Ok, this is going to be long...so please bear with me.

In order to get everyone motivated and in the "teamwork" spirit of things, I devised a series of contests for our Customer Service Reps. (billing company = lots of calls = very hectic at times).

The contests (3 of them) would put as much as $650 extra in their bonus check at the end of the year AND give the overall winner 1 day paid vacation (!!) One of the contests is based on a point system (.25 points for answering a call, 4 points for verbal/written praise to supervisor, etc.)

So, I'm pretty excited for these folks, as they don't make a ton of money...I think they'll be excited and jump on the chance to win extra $$... (I'm disqualified from the contest...not my department)

BUT WHAT DO THEY DO? They start complaining about how "such and such" points benefit "such and such" and if I spend 5 minutes doing this, then MY points should be worth five times this amount. **Note - they're only being asked to do tasks that they already do, AND they are not even responsible for recording their calls, notes, etc!**

UGH! If someone offered me the chance to make extra moola AND get a paid day off, I'd be all over it - - I'd be doing everything to the point where no one else would have a chance. Not these folks. They're content to wriggle in their own stinky poo.

UGH!!! GEEZ!!! :evil:

Thanks for listening - if you read all of that, please treat yourself to a cookie :)

Dumas'_Grrrl 06-02-2008 01:38 PM

<----- Eating cookie happily! :wink:

Some people just seem to like they are born to ...complain.... :roll:

farmpony84 06-02-2008 03:58 PM

yummy cookie with squirl turds in it...

Yeah.... Um.... If you havnet noticed yet... People are lazy and selfish... they think they are OWED things and they DESERVE things w/out having to work for them... sheesh! And you are shocked????

PS - I read your post and got my cookie, but I also responded with a post... Shouldnt I get 5 times as many cookies????

Dumas'_Grrrl 06-02-2008 04:03 PM

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! I read it too....... Where are my extras???

kickshaw 06-02-2008 07:27 PM

{tosses whole BOXES of cookies to farmpony and dumas}

thanks for listening! reading the OP - - i was whining. Geez. Thanks for understanding!

PoptartShop 06-02-2008 08:40 PM

:D mmm I need a cookie, I read it all!! :P

Woah, LOL! Who doesn't want more $$! But I guess they're just lazy. :lol:

JustDressageIt 06-02-2008 11:33 PM

Um, I would like a cookie AND a day off please.

Hehe... it's amazing how much people will complain, hey?

kickshaw 06-03-2008 07:10 AM

JustDressageIt Posted:
Quote:

Um, I would like a cookie AND a day off please. Hehe... it's amazing how much people will complain, hey?

PoptartShop Posted:
Quote:

mmm I need a cookie, I read it all!!
Woah, LOL! Who doesn't want more $$! But I guess they're just lazy.
Days off and cookies for JDI and Pop!