The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Howdy! (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/howdy-96168/)

Cowgirlali 08-25-2011 11:37 PM

Howdy!

I'm new here, and I just wanted to say hi! I joined because I'm looking for some help in training a horse some better ground manners :-) I also have a question, what is with the carrots here on the forum?
Thanks!

Spyder 08-25-2011 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowgirlali (Post 1150443)
I also have a question, what is with the carrots here on the forum?
Thanks!

In case you get hungry. :rofl:

:happydance::happydance:

DrumRunner 08-25-2011 11:52 PM

Hi! Welcome to the forum! You should be able to find alot of really good advice here.

Spyer, I love it. Definitely giggled at that one.

I can honestly say I have NO idea about the carrots. I just recently saw the carrot bandit for the first time. People can steal carrots from you too. HOW in the world do you already have THREE?! I have my one little carrot because I can steal one and then someone steals it back. So, I'm looking forward to finding out something about the carrots too.

Cowgirlali 08-25-2011 11:57 PM

Haha, very funny Spyder :-P
Drumrunner, you know the "carrot locator"? It will tell you what page a carrot is hidden on, if you're fast enough, run to that page and you'll see a thing that says "catch a carrot" then click on that!

DrumRunner 08-26-2011 12:30 AM

:shock: NO! I've seen it but usually just ignore it! Hmm, must try that out..

tinyliny 08-26-2011 01:24 AM

Howdy yourself! tell us about your horse and training adventures.

Cowgirlali 08-26-2011 01:35 AM

Well, I don't actually own a horse, but I am able to ride our neighbor's horse whenever I want! I just started riding him on the 16th, and it's been an adventure! He's wonderful to ride, but needs a bit of ground work. I'm working on finding someone who will help me train him in his ground work!

tinyliny 08-26-2011 01:51 AM

That sounds great. There are just a ton of threads here about groundwork. You can learn a lot, however, if you have very little hands on experience doing this, learning it from a forum or a book or a video alone is tough. So much more effective to have someone show you. If you were nearby I would happily share my limited knowledge. Hope you can find a good helper.

gigem88 08-26-2011 07:30 AM

Welcome to the forum!