The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   Ouch (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/ouch-96377/)

HorseLoverHunter 08-28-2011 05:41 PM

Ouch

Today I was at my lesson, when Bee refused a jump and I flew off head first into the little 2ft fence. I ended somehow on my butt, but my head did hit the fence. I'm guessing that I fell on my butt and my head banged into the fence, giving me whiplash i guess? My neck hurts pretty bad, mostly in the back. It hurts to move my head backwards to the left. I think I might have a mild concussion. I'm dizzy sometimes, and very thirsty. Has anyone else had this from a fall? How do I help the pain? :/ I also have a bump on my head and road rash where the brim my helmet hit my forehead.

ridergirl23 08-28-2011 05:45 PM

Take some advil for the pain, and take it easy for a while, Maybe go to a clinic or something for a check up just so you know you're not injured worse than it seems.
i wouldn't ride until you feel 100% again just to be safe if you hit your head.

HorseLoverHunter 08-28-2011 05:47 PM

Ok thanks! I think we have some tylenol. But thats about it. So I will use that. Thanks.

Ray MacDonald 08-28-2011 05:49 PM

I agree, and sucky that you fell :(

Try not to move your head to where it hurts, you could agrivate the muscles even more.

Hope you feel better :)

MyBoyPuck 08-28-2011 05:52 PM

Head injury = go to hospital. Don't mess around with a head injury, no matter how small it may seem.

HorseLoverHunter 08-28-2011 06:15 PM

Okk, so my dad has a friend, and his girlfriend is a nurse and also does surgery's in texas, and she here at are house and she said the head pain is just from the bump on my head, but I still have whiplash. But that should go away soon. =)

tinyliny 08-28-2011 07:47 PM

I got dumped way back when and had a killer case of whiplash. I takes a bit to get over it. I would take a few days off riding. Drink lots of fluid.
rest.

bummer that you got tossed. Was it horse or rider error , do you think?

MHFoundation Quarters 08-28-2011 08:12 PM

Sorry to hear about your fall, ouch! Hope you get feeling better soon!

HorseLoverHunter 08-28-2011 11:32 PM

Thanks everyone! now, I just have some road rash from where my helmat hit my head funny, a bump, and a little bit of soreness from my whip lash. And MOST of it was my fault... but NOT all of it. I was focusing more on my position and being ready, lost track of time. and about a couple strides away finally got everything ok. usually she would really want to jump, but today, she was being lazy. so not being herself she tried to skip out when I stopped pushing her towards the fence. does that make cents? Its a little hard to explain. lol