The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Artwork (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-artwork/)
-   -   Tired of not being Artistic (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-artwork/tired-not-being-artistic-96493/)

Horsesdontlie 08-29-2011 09:53 PM

Tired of not being Artistic

Okay, so once upon a time I used to do tons of creative things. Drawing, photoshop, acting, singing, writing, and so on. What do I do now? Nada. I sit on horse forum all day long reading. Most the time I don't post everything. (I kind of got scared off by an awakening of my neglect for training and still showing) But I'm putting on my big girl panties and becoming active.....Anyhow I want to start drawing and what not again. I'm trying to pull up some artwork that I have done but I'm looking for a few volunteers for pictures. I get lazy if I'm doing it for me. Lol

Alright so I want to work out

Photo Manips :
Manipulation
Graphic Painting (no idea what to call it)
Click Here
Pencil Sketches (not finished...I suck at shading, so just working out outlining)
Sketch
Other?
Tat Design

I am just getting back into this. ^^ Those are some of my best at my peak. So don't expect anything as good as these.

Another thing, my graphics program is only GIMP so bare with me. I lost my Paintshop about two years ago to a computer crash and not having the disk.

Post away, make sure include what kind of medium you want. and how you want it.

Domino13011 08-29-2011 09:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Id love one! Of like a graphic sketch or pencil drawing. I don't really care either one..Thanks! What ever picture works for you..I have other pictures to if these don't work:lol:

Horsesdontlie 08-29-2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Domino13011 (Post 1154853)
Id love one! Of like a graphic sketch or pencil drawing. I don't really care either one..Thanks! What ever picture works for you..I have other pictures to if these don't work:lol:

If you want the graphic sketch I could do both, as I will hand draw and then scan to photoshop.

Is that a flea bitten paint? He/She looks beautiful.

Domino13011 08-29-2011 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horsesdontlie (Post 1154860)
If you want the graphic sketch I could do both, as I will hand draw and then scan to photoshop.

Is that a flea bitten paint? He/She looks beautiful.

That would be great:D

Thank you! And yes she's a flea bitten grey paint:-)

ShutUpJoe 08-29-2011 10:36 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are some of Boss and one of Angel. Have fun : )

PonyGuru 08-30-2011 12:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Do you think you could do a graphic sketch of my mare IndyAttachment 73691

Horsesdontlie 08-30-2011 02:29 AM

I forgot how much I missed drawing, I got in a mood and kept going and going...so I finished all three basic sketches tonight. I love posting step by step, hope no one minds. So here are the three to start. -I made them darker so you can see the lines and not hurt your eyes.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...AN0001-1-1.jpg

^^ Domino, this was the perfect to start out with. It will be a full body shot, but I ran out of paper to finish the tail/hind leg. Lol So that will be done in PS. I removed tack in all of them so I can focus on one thing at a time. Though it is hard to tell how thick she is with the saddle on. She might be deep chested for this one. lol. I'll mess around with it in PS and see what looks good.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...SCAN0002-1.jpg

^^ Shutupjoe just saw the thread of your own designs. You're quite the artist. Makes me want to try a little harder haha. Anyhow, I love the pictures of your horses. I spent forever trying to figure out which one to work on. I went with the top one as it is a bit more challenging for me to do anything other than from the side. All that hair is going to be fun. Lol I'm going to fix up the cheek bone, just saw how off it was.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...AN0003-1-1.jpg

^^Pony Guru now this one is hard. Not only do I have tons of trouble with head on. The head down is challenging for proportions, Its great for me to work on. I got so bad with drawing from the side with head in a neutral or high position. I'm going to try and make it look not so skinny and I might add in grass to cover the nose and hoof.

MouseZ 08-30-2011 03:32 AM

49 Attachment(s)
Well you definitely do have some talent, keep it up to hone it. I would suggest against tattoo designing though, as a full time tattoo artist, so much more goes into designing a tattoo that most people give absolutely no credit to.

Oops there I go ranting! Many apologizes, I did want to commend your abilities lol.

ShutUpJoe 08-30-2011 08:51 AM

Tattoo designers mark shading with squiggly lines. They each have their own way to do it though. The best ones will "trace" a photograph and "mark" shading with lines. I've been looking into doing tattoos... but don't know if I have the heart to actually hurt someone, lol. No matter how much they pay me.

Thanks, Horsesdontlie, I think you are off to a very good start : )

Horsesdontlie 08-30-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MouseZ (Post 1155147)
Well you definitely do have some talent, keep it up to hone it. I would suggest against tattoo designing though, as a full time tattoo artist, so much more goes into designing a tattoo that most people give absolutely no credit to.

Oops there I go ranting! Many apologizes, I did want to commend your abilities lol.

God No! Thats why its considered other. Its just an artistic design that I could do for people to see on paper. Those are designs I have made for myself only. It is a whole different ball field. I know that. Thats the only reason why it says Tattoo. ;-)

You have an awesome job then. I love tattoo work, but I'm leaving that to professionals. For example when I decide what I want I will give those sketches to an artist as a start, and they will tell me what can be done...ect.