The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Really quick question

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  my2geldings 
#1 ·
I'm attempting to make pancakes and it says baking powder but all we have is backing soda.... Is that the same thing? Is there gonna be a big difference in taste?

#6 ·
Well I found bisquick! I really wanted to use the other recipie I found but oh well. I think I'm gonna add pancakes to my " can not cook to save life'' along with grilled cheese sandwiches... :roll:

#7 ·
Baking powder and soda are definitly 2 different things. If your using self rising flour you probably don't need the powder. You could just skip it, make them thinner crepe type pancakes. They just won't rise up and be fluffy if you don't add the baking powder. Make them thinner by adding a little more milk.

#12 ·
Ok... Buy the pancake mix that says "complete" on the front of the box... then all you have to do is add water.

You can sour milk by adding vinegar by the way. :wink: 1 tbsp. vinegar to 1 cup milk (whole milk with 1tsp sugar is best)

I love cooking and my butt proves it! :lol:

Oh yeah... I was in my late 20's before I could make a grilled cheese... I think it was more to do with the fact that I had the attention span of a gnat and would forget to turn them on time.

#15 ·
Vidaloco said:
Sliding4ever have you considered putting a few takeout/delivery places on your speed dial?
OMIGOSH! I laughed so hard I almost choked myself!!! ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.