The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Need to Vent!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/need-vent-96651/)

maggio 08-31-2011 10:19 AM

Need to Vent!!

Whenever I go to shows, there are always people asking me what classes I do with my horse. I tell them I do trail, barrel racing, keyhole, and weave poles. Also I endurance ride whenever I get the chance. People are always telling me what classes I should be doing. Like, they tell me a barrel horse could never do endurance, etc.

Also, why does everybody think I should do Western pleasure? At least one person every show tells me I should do it. But my show horse doesn't like it, her gaits are way too fast (good for barrel horse) and she HATES holding her head down while loping. Plus, I want to watch my riding students, as many of them do Western pleasure.

So people out there who have ever told me this, I know how my horse shows, what she does well in, etc!

Even though these people will never know who I really am, lol!

gigem88 08-31-2011 10:24 AM

No arguments here! I will be taking my WP show horse to do some team penning next week! I may even try barrels on him, too.

Calmwaters 08-31-2011 10:49 AM

LOL Just try to ignore them or nicely say I've tried those and she does better at these. ; ) then pray for patience to deal with the know it alls that know nothing. . LOL You know your horse and they don't. I use to go to goat shows with a friend and she had Lamnacha goats (they don't have ears) I got so tired of idiots telling there little kids that we cut their ears off to show them. : (

BarrelracingArabian 08-31-2011 10:51 AM

dont listen to the barrel horse can't do endurance haha the gelding im on does endurance as does 5 of my other friends' horses.
I think people just get a little nosey and put their two cents just cause, not to be rude just to say it.

AlexS 08-31-2011 10:56 AM

Curse to yourself while smiling sweetly and telling them they are free to do as they choose with their own horses.

AmazinCaucasian 08-31-2011 11:25 AM

When people make you angry, the worst thing you can do is hold it in. That's why they do it.....nobody ever corrects them. If someone says something stupid, they should be disciplined harshly. You may not feel comfortable doing it, but you have to PUNCH them when they talk stupid. A hard pimp slap will suffice also. They'll be too shocked to hit you back, trust me. If you don't feel comfortable spanking their head, you at least have to yell at them real loud. Embarassing them in front of their peers by screaming at them is an effective alternative.

QOS 08-31-2011 11:45 AM

LOL AmazinCaucasian that might work in Missouri but in Texas that might get your butt whooped.:rofl: Someone may clean your clock, set you back on your horse and say "now git in that there ring and RIDE that WP class NOW" :rofl::rofl: and the next time you'd be :hide:!!!!!!!

I like your line about not riding ugly horses - I went to look at a mare before I bought my horse 2.5 years ago and she was well put together but plain as the day is long. Hubby said "there's lots of good horses out there that are in your price range, just as sound and WAY WAY prettier than that!!!! Life is too short to ride an ugly horse!" :lol: (I bought a gorgeous sorrel gelding with white socks and beautiful blaze)

Ray MacDonald 08-31-2011 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmazinCaucasian (Post 1157161)
When people make you angry, the worst thing you can do is hold it in. That's why they do it.....nobody ever corrects them. If someone says something stupid, they should be disciplined harshly. You may not feel comfortable doing it, but you have to PUNCH them when they talk stupid. A hard pimp slap will suffice also. They'll be too shocked to hit you back, trust me. If you don't feel comfortable spanking their head, you at least have to yell at them real loud. Embarassing them in front of their peers by screaming at them is an effective alternative.

Ahaha! I wish I saw someone actually do that! I'd roar!

Ray MacDonald 08-31-2011 12:03 PM

Maggio, I am from Nova Scotia too! :)

kctop72 08-31-2011 12:20 PM

LOL AmazinCaucasian that might work in Missouri but in Texas that might get your butt whooped.:rofl: Someone may clean your clock, set you back on your horse and say "now git in that there ring and RIDE that WP class NOW" :rofl::rofl: and the next time you'd be :hide:!!!!!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself!