The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   ideas and suggestions needed (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/ideas-suggestions-needed-967/)

carlabunyan 03-04-2007 03:07 PM

ideas and suggestions needed

i want to raise money for a charity that helps horses and i was wondering if anyone knows any good ideas for me to do to get sponsership or a good horse charity that needs donations

wyomingflicka 03-04-2007 03:43 PM

I think its a great idea.

crackrider 03-04-2007 11:38 PM

yeah, let us know how it turns out! :D

showpony@heart 03-04-2007 11:48 PM

What about Horse Rescue as a charity? Let us know how you go!

carlabunyan 03-05-2007 04:13 AM

thanks everyone keep the suggestions on what i can do to raise the money coming

showpony@heart: do they have a website because i will have a look etc and find the address to send the money to

Desert Rat 03-05-2007 11:36 AM

OK I've been through this a couple of times with 4-H and FFA projects. First What is the charity or event? After this is decided then pick up every tack or farm cataloge you can lay your hands on. Write to all these supplyers explaining what you are doing. Ask them for a donation to an auction you are putting on to suport said event. Heres the catch line. Make sure you ask them to send free catalogs so everyone who participates will have access to the advertiseing of their wonderfull great products. I would set the auction up at least a month in advance of when I started mialing out leters to supplyers to give them time to ship the goodies to you. Good luck. Also if you can have hotdog roast or BBQ at the same time and advertise it as free but donations for your cause would be welcome you will get a god response. Good luck.

showpony@heart 03-06-2007 03:53 AM

Yeah the website is:
www.horserescue.com.au/ This is an Aussie Charity...

but here is another similar Charity's website:
www.blairsrescue.org/
And a summary from google: "A Kentucky based organization focusing on the rescue and adoption of mistreated or neglected horses."

carlabunyan 03-06-2007 04:57 AM

anyone know any good english ones? as that would be easier to send the money i raise to. anyone got any other ideas on what i can do?

prettypalfrey 03-13-2007 09:55 AM

you could do a lope for hope. You get a bunch of fellow riders and get them to raise money for their ride, we do it around where I live. They earned alot of money. People come from all over as well. You could even see if a trail riding facility will let you do your ride at there place.

P.P.