The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Shows (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/)
-   -   Costume Class Ideas for Arabian? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/costume-class-ideas-arabian-96800/)

Horserider33 09-01-2011 11:35 PM

Costume Class Ideas for Arabian?

I have a 4-H horse show coming up Sep. 14 and it has a costume class that i want to participate in. I am planning on taking my arabian mare but I dont have any idea what I want to dress us up as. I have an arabian costume thats VERY jingly that she wears no problem so she probably wont care whatever I decide to use. I have even thrown a tarp over her and she doesnt even flinch so give any idea you have even if it would be a noisy costume it doesnt matter since my Arab doesnt care.

Oh and the reason i cant use the Arabian costume is because im borrowing it from someone and that someone is the judge for that show and she told me she wont judge it because she had made it herself a couple years ago.

So give me your best ideas and hopefully I will find one that I like (I'm very picky about things lol. But give it your best shot!)

Northern 09-01-2011 11:59 PM

I love arabian costumes on arabs; can you have one made, that's sufficiently different from the judge's? Then there's Cat Woman, & dress horse all in black - hood, tassles, etc. Or be a medieval princess w/ horse in jousting gear, including plume on head. How about 18th Century Baroque or the old standby, American Indian buckskin w/ horse in feathers & war paint? Maybe a gorgeous alien from Venus on her inter-galactic steed; lots of silver lame (la-MAY) & maybe some tinfoil :).

Just a few ideas; have fun!

Wheatermay 09-02-2011 04:37 AM

Roller Durby, Calamity Jane, Harley Quinn (The Joker's girlfriend), hmm.... I cant think of anything else at the moment....NINJA!!! LOL! I would be ur biggest fan if you did that and posted pics!

Horserider33 09-02-2011 03:44 PM

the ninja actually sounds like a good idea lol

i will try to see how i could make one and if i can i might do that but im still open for other suggestions too!!

MHFoundation Quarters 09-02-2011 03:59 PM

I miss those days! My favorite I did for a class, I did with 2 friends as a group. I am fortunate to have a seamstress for a grandma so she made the costumes. My mare was the bride, my friends gelding was the groom & another friend's mini was the ring bearer complete with gilded & pearl horse shoes. Jana HATED her garter belt, she walked like she had stringhalt lol!

At our county fair this year there was a boy who must have spent an intense amt of time with his parents making it. They turned his pony into a putting green, big circle on top of him - I assume heavy cardboard and covered in indoor/outdoor carpet w/the cup & pin flag. The boy dressed in old style golfer gear and carried clubs. The pony had a sign on his butt that said "Don't let them fool you, I maintain the grass."

Horserider33 09-02-2011 06:15 PM

sounds like fun!! lol i wouldnt be able to do the wedding thing with 3 cause all of my friends that have horses arent in 4-H but i could maybe do a bride and me as a priest with a no-show groom and my mare's "makeup" running lol. just an idea

MHFoundation Quarters 09-02-2011 08:30 PM

That could be pretty funny. I like it!

Wheatermay 09-03-2011 03:36 AM

Princess Zelda and Epona, Princess Peach (somehow make ur horse Yoshi), lol...

Ninja is still my favorite, lol... should do that one for fun, heehee!

Joe4d 09-03-2011 11:45 AM

by the lime green, sleazy that goes over head and shoulders and some cheap nylon green tack, Take a wide sharpee and draw question marks on the sleezy, then you dress up as either bat girl or the joker or cat woman, your horse will be the Riddler.

Horserider33 09-04-2011 10:18 PM

hmmm. ok. still thinkin but the ninja is my favorite lol. just gotta figure out how to make it easy to get on cause im in a trot barrels class right before that and they dont give you a break in between. also what would i be then? another ninja?