The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   do you think this is a good barn? (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/do-you-think-good-barn-96806/)

faithheartsdunny 09-02-2011 12:47 AM

do you think this is a good barn?

Im taking lessons here Aubrey Hill - About Aubrey Hill Training

newbhj 09-02-2011 01:50 AM

The facility looks lovely from the few pictures they have. They also appear to have some really nice hunter horses/ponies. I bet they're very competitive in the show ring.
Only thing I noticed is that all of the riders in their gallery are jumping realllly ahead. But that's the style of hunters right now isn't it?
Overall it looks very nice, I can't say more without physically seeing the stable.

emeraldstar642 09-02-2011 09:28 AM

It looks very nice. The facilities look awesome, very professional. The only thing that concerns me is the lack of information. It says nothing about certified riding instructors or lesson fees. And what about lesson horses? Part boarding? Instructors? If I were you, I'd go the barn for a single sample lesson just to test it out, ask questions, and get the jist of what it's like.

And newbhj... jumping ahead is never the style of hunters. It's a mistake that is commonly made, but it is not going to help win any ribbons.

Overall, though, it looks pretty good. I like how the site looks professional. But like I said before, go see how it is in person before you make a final descision.

MyBoyPuck 09-04-2011 08:16 PM

Yeah, in that photo gallery, there's only one solid lower leg in those jumping pics. Looks like a barn that gets riders jumping before they are really ready. Nice barn, but not necessarily good instructors.

4HCountryGirl 09-05-2011 12:26 AM

The facilities look awesome!

equestriian 09-06-2011 10:25 PM

They seem to have great facilities, and wonderful ponies :) Hopefully the covered arena will come soon to protect you from the heat! Just make sure you try out lessons before booking permanent lessons every week.