The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   Wednesday Lessons (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/wednesday-lessons-97155/)

HorseLoverHunter 09-05-2011 06:45 PM

Wednesday Lessons

I'm excited! I might start riding Wednesdays after school! First, we are going to do it every other week just because of the money, but I'm still really excited! I don't know exactly when I will start more lessons, but I quit volleyball today because it's just not the sport for me (riding is of course =). But anyways, what should I expect out of more riding? I also have football games on Fridays that I have to cheer at, and there are middle school games on Thursdays I go to because the freshman boys have to play down, and I like to cheer them on. Will any of this affect my riding if I rode Wednesdays and Sundays? Also, tips? Thanks!

anrz 09-05-2011 07:21 PM

That's great! Congrats :). I don't see how any of it would affect your riding, other than you may be a little tired at the end of the day. Your schedule might be a little busy, so just make sure to stay on top of homework, which should be the #1 priority. I ride six times a week during school along with practicing two instruments, and homework, so usually end up doing homework on the way out to the barn. I'm looking to find a job to cram even more in my schedule :P. Last year I procrastinated a LOT, and ended up staying up very late to finish everything. So make sure you don't do that, it's no fun and isn't good for your grades. Have fun!

HorseLoverHunter 09-05-2011 08:07 PM

Thanks! procrastinating is my worst thing, but now that I am in high school, I have been pretty good with keeping up! That's another reason why I quit volleyball. And you are so lucky to be able to practice six nights a week! That would be epic!

kitten_Val 09-05-2011 08:39 PM

That's awesome! Lessons are always a way to go, even if the rider is very experienced (because there is always a room for improvement :) ). Hope you'll enjoy them!