ok so i was given the all purpose non branded saddle.i clean it like once every 3 weeks-i was wondering 2 things...1) how often do you clean ur saddle and 2) there is like this really weird stuff that grows on it.the girl i got it from says its mold.could that be it?not a lot grows but im just saying its really annoying!
and one more thing...i know this is a really stupid question but if i put another hole in my engliush bridle...would that be bad or no.i just don't want to like mess anything up although im sure it wouldn't.my little qh has a small head! haha thanks so much! :D
1) they say you should clean your tack after every ride, but I don't know that many people who do that! I usually clean my tack before every show (which is almost every week during the spring-fall).
2) Saddles DO mold/mildew if they don't get cleaned often enough! Especially if it's humid where you live. Whitish greenish fuzzy spots? A simple saddle soap gets that right off. And that's usually a good sign that you might want to clean your tack more often. :wink:
3) it's normal to add holes to bridles to help them fit better, as long as it's just 1 or 2 and don't affect the placement of the straps. Do you have a leather punch? They make it easy to get a small perfectly sized/shaped hole that doesn't stand out.
i keep a hand towel hanging near where my saddle lives. everytime i come in from a ride i give it a quick once over to get any dirt or sweat etc off then about once a fortnight i give it a really good clean.
i would agree that the mold forming is probably a good indicator that you need to clean your saddle more regularly. its easy to get in the habit of giving a quick once over every time you ride.
no i mean its not a lot and i only ride in that particular saddle on weekends.so its not often that i ride in it.but it must be the humidity.
and yes, i do have a leather punch...its just i didn't want to mess up the position of straps or whatever...so i was just curious
1) My tack is cleaned after every ride. I just use Leather Therapy Wash Spray and a rag.
2) Saddles do mold, especially if kept in humid areas.
no i mean i do wipe dirt off after every ride and what ever else happens to venture onto my saddle but i only do a thorough cleaning like once every 3 weeks.
that includes girth, saddle pad and bridle.
The best thing to do is give it a thorough cleaning after each use. It gets easier because then there isn't as much grime, sweat, and dirt to get off after a while.
-My tack is cleaned every time I ride and now it only takes me like 5-10min
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:42 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.