The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

black rectangle on geldings gum

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Carleen 
#1 ·
Ok, so I wanted to post this tomorrow in anticipation of getting the photo we took of Aidan's gums/teeth. But my friends mother just had a house fire, so I will get photos when there is some down time for them.

Maybe someone here has seen this but Aidan has a solid black rectangular line across his gums. Its a perfect rectangle, and it is just there on his gums. I never noticed it til we took a pic of his teeth and got such a good shot of it. He just had his teeth done and the vet didnt say anything about it.

could it be a brand/tattoo? He is 3/4 Connemara and 1/4 Qtr horse. Very weird marking.. It almost looks like a scan mark for a checkout register, lol.

#9 ·
after using a program to look closely at it, I can just about 99.9% assure you that it is a blade of grass. The way it is creased in the middle just slightly, and has the 'ripped' look. Why it is stuck like that, I don't know. I would try putting some baby's teething gel around it, have someone else hold his mouth- and gently try to edge your fingernail over it. Be warned though, that if it's been there a while, his gums could be very sensative underneath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.