The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Eventing (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/)
-   -   More Schooling Fun (http://www.horseforum.com/eventing/more-schooling-fun-97251/)

ottbrider 09-06-2011 04:33 PM

More Schooling Fun

7 Attachment(s)
my boy (and me too) did some 3' jumps Labor Day (its the crazy "corner" type jump).

We had the place to ourselves and made hubby tag along since he takes some amazing shots. It got hot quickly so we only got about 30 mins before I gave my 16.2 hand Anglo a break.

I know leg swung back on most. And I am on his neck on others, he has this thing where the closer I am on him...the more confidence he gets. when I sit back (like on my OTTB) he gets "oh sh*t is there a problem", lose his nerve .... and try to duck out. running out has been a huge issue with us....leg leg leg leg all the way up, alternate depending on the feel & direction he tries to go... wiggle wiggle yes... indeed :-o

Gidget 09-08-2011 12:04 AM

Awesome!

LikeIke17 09-08-2011 12:19 AM

How awesome! XC schooling is the best. :) Looks good!

ottbrider 09-08-2011 01:44 PM

:lol: yes I am addicted to schooling! I found out off their website that the green house thing is called Rabbit Hutch and its 2'8" -- WOOT.

now if only I could translate his boldness and ability to go that height this weekend at our Arg. Timed Jumper Classes. Last month he was knocking rails down all over and refused this funky "bumble bee" colored jump. I think he just hates the arena and prefers the wide open spaces. Also he seems to figure out okay gotta get over this.

Even if he stalls / baulks at a x-c jump he will still go over at a standstill. Which is totally acceptable in the jumper classes but cant get the same boldness out of him. course you circle and you're DQ'ed....

thanks for feedback :D

wren 09-14-2011 07:44 PM

Wonderful job! Especially on the corner...i always think those look near impossible. Your guys makes them look fabulous!

itsmevix 09-15-2011 09:25 PM

What a pretty boy, he looks very happy over the jumps.