The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   4 year old TB Jumping Vids :D (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/4-year-old-tb-jumping-vids-97272/)

Bluemoonlvr 09-06-2011 09:12 PM

4 year old TB Jumping Vids :D

Hey there! This is my new horse Sailor that I just bought a month ago. I dont jump him, its rare if I do because he is only 4. But tell me what you think of him!

JustDoIt 09-07-2011 06:26 PM

I love him! He looks great!

iloverains 09-07-2011 06:36 PM

He looked like he enjoyed it!! Had a nice jump and takes off at a good place! (:

equiniphile 09-07-2011 07:37 PM

He's very balanced for a 4yo. Love those auto changes!

brackenbramley 09-07-2011 07:41 PM

he's so relaxed !!!! fab :) x

MudPaint 09-07-2011 09:09 PM

Excellent job in the last line of the last vid. You corrected the rushing quietly. Very well ridden. The only other thing I really saw is he tends to go on to his forehand after the line and dive into the corner (and for some artistic flair a few crow hops). At this point you are still in two point. With a horse this green, you want to be back to your flat position, actively riding him in that corner, weight to your outside and inside hand raised, encouraging a bend and less diving/running.

Really he looks pretty good if you don't jump often and is obviously naturally athletic. He has a good natural eye for fences.

Bluemoonlvr 09-07-2011 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MudPaint (Post 1165865)
Excellent job in the last line of the last vid. You corrected the rushing quietly. Very well ridden. The only other thing I really saw is he tends to go on to his forehand after the line and dive into the corner (and for some artistic flair a few crow hops). At this point you are still in two point. With a horse this green, you want to be back to your flat position, actively riding him in that corner, weight to your outside and inside hand raised, encouraging a bend and less diving/running.

Really he looks pretty good if you don't jump often and is obviously naturally athletic. He has a good natural eye for fences.

Yea he does crow hop (and squeal a lot I might add) and he is just really really ring sour and if you want you see I have a hard time bending him to the left to go to the diagonal. But he is a good boy :D And thank you all for the advice

IquitosARG10 09-08-2011 06:28 PM

He's beautiful, and moves great! He's a keeper :)

jrcci 09-08-2011 06:48 PM

very nice but rushy through the line. try making him trot in and throught the line. it helps tons with slowing them down. good job!!!

Oxer 09-09-2011 01:58 AM

i love that he thinks he's the champion after he jumps around and shakes his head and does his little "i'm so awesome" dance! hahaha!