The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Hello from the Midwest (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/hello-midwest-97280/)

Twister rox 09-06-2011 10:28 PM

Hello from the Midwest

Hello !
I am very excited about joining the forum! When I was a little girl I wanted a horse. Instead my dad would stick me on a dairy cow in the barn and let me 'ride' her. When I was 16, I wanted a truck. He got me a horse. I fell in love with horses (which I knew I would when I was little :lol:).
When I started going to college I had slacked off on the barn time, instead of 7 days a week, it was 2 days). But then I met my husband, got married, bought a house, had twins and started a 2nd job within a year and a half. By the time I was able to start spending time at the barn again, 4 yrs had passed. :-o Fortunately for me, my daughter fell in love with horses. She has great balance and takes no **** from the horses. But she is fearless and independent. She is like any 4 yr - asks sooo many questions. She is showing interest in the gaming world - a new world to me as I had experience in trail riding and could ride all day (which I often did). I have already found so much information and great resources on this forum. I hope I continue to meet all the great people and learn my daughter and I grow.

Reiterin 09-10-2011 10:55 PM

welcome to the forum. glad you joined us here. hope you enjoy it!

MHFoundation Quarters 09-10-2011 11:05 PM

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

Ridehorses99 09-12-2011 06:20 PM

Glad to hear someone else 'learned to ride' on a cow. My first ride was an old bull named Tornado, who was at my grandparent's farm in Iowa. I finally bought my first horse at the age of 38 and I ride about 3 or 4 times a week. My first horse is now being used as a kid's lesson horse (he's 19, but loves kids and is gentle as can be).
Anyway, welcome to the forum !!

Idlepastures 09-12-2011 06:25 PM

I learned how to ride on a hereford cow named Daisy , LOL