The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Western Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/)
-   -   Need new boots! (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/need-new-boots-97298/)

Countrylady1071 09-07-2011 02:37 AM

Need new boots!

Hello, just looking for opinions on good boot brands for working/riding. I've had my current boots for probably 6 years now, they're ariats and I have LOVED them. My left boot is falling apart, though, and I need some new ones! I was thinking about ariat fatbabies (I think they're called) any experience with those? Or anybody have good experience with other boot brands, preferably a medium/short boot (I have very skinny legs and taller cowboy boots look very funny under my jeans). I would love to find something that comes in fun colors.
Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device

StreakersCowgurl 09-07-2011 11:59 AM

I am a HUGE Ariat fan. I have two pair of fat babies, but I don't use them for riding. For me they are to "chunky" for riding. I just use them for wearing out and whatnot. I don't like tall boots myself, so I always go for the roper style and they do have some fun colors.

SorrelHorse 09-09-2011 12:49 AM

I second the Ariat idea. I have some paddock boots that I wear with half chaps for trails an english stuff, and put them under jeans for the western events. Best money I ever spent.

Countrylady1071 09-09-2011 12:56 PM

Can you do anything to make them waterproof?
Posted via Mobile Device

MangoRoX87 09-16-2011 12:12 PM

TONY LAMA:D
Biggest fan. I own 2 Ariats, and I could never get them broken in correctly, but I still respect them as a high quality boot, just not my style.
I have 3 pairs of Tony Lama boots, one for every thing I do XD They hold up extremely well, very comfortable and break in quick.

MangoRoX87 09-16-2011 12:12 PM

And Fatbabies....BIG NO NO for riding. They are really wide and it makes them super dangerous for riding.

DraftyAiresMum 09-16-2011 03:45 PM

Ariat Terrain H2Os, all the way! I have a pair and LOVE LOVE LOVE them! I can step in a puddle all the way up to my ankle and not feel a thing (trust me, did this more than once last winter at my friend's barn). They're great for riding, working around the barn...heck, I even wear them hiking. I have even worn them to work (work as a cashier standing for 8 hours a day and have NEVER had any foot fatigue while wearing my Terrains).

SayiWont 09-18-2011 02:14 PM

Either Tony Lama or Ariat.

I got a pair of Tony Lamas a while back. They were super comfortable right out of the box. Little break-in time needed. Super comfy to ride in or just work around the barn. If you go for Ariats, avoid the Fatbabies/Probabies. The newer ones are crap. I got a pair for my birthday about two years ago and they started falling apart within a month. The inside lining came completely out, which it was not supposed to do. They aren't too safe or comfortable for riding either. I just bought a new pair of Ariats that are super comfortable and durable. They are the Profeesional Nitro, which is a men's boot btw. (Curse my feet and their width that won't fit in most women's boots.)

Countrylady1071 09-22-2011 11:43 PM

Well, I ended up buying some ariats-quantum cobalt, or something like that? It was between those and the heritage III. The heritage had lots of great reviews, but the quantum seemed much sturdier, and supposedly has better leather. Seems better for working, heritage seemed better for riding only. More expensive, but will hopefully be worth it, as I will be using them to work/ride in 50-60 hours a week! Thanks for all the suggestions!
Posted via Mobile Device

amp23 09-23-2011 12:04 AM

TONY LAMA!

I've had mine for over a year now and they still are practically new! I wore them 4-5 days a week over the summer in mud, sand, gravel, ocean water, everything, and they're still soo comfortable and in great condition!

These are the ones I have:
Tony Lama Stars Women's Peanut Maverick Boot | QC Supply