The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Quarter Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/quarter-horses-97308/)

Fourpaws 09-07-2011 10:21 AM

Quarter Horses

Wat do you think of Quarter horses? and why?

Calmwaters 09-07-2011 05:26 PM

Its been my experiance that they are awsome horses with a melow attitude. I have owned know about 5 so its not alot of experiance with them but they have all been laid back.

Faceman 09-08-2011 11:16 AM

I like them, and think they are one of the best of the lesser breeds. With the obvious exception of endurance, they are very versatile, and do well at popular disciplines. Between that, and breeding down their intelligence to match that of their owners, it is easy to see why they are by far the most popular horse in the U.S. There is no question if I had to settle for less than the best, or got in a car accident and suffered brain damage, I would have Quarterhorses instead of Appys.

Ok now - don't anybody take that post serious...just pokin' fun...

Calmwaters 09-08-2011 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1166316)
I like them, and think they are one of the best of the lesser breeds. With the obvious exception of endurance, they are very versatile, and do well at popular disciplines. Between that, and breeding down their intelligence to match that of their owners, it is easy to see why they are by far the most popular horse in the U.S. There is no question if I had to settle for less than the best, or got in a car accident and suffered brain damage, I would have Quarterhorses instead of Appys.

Ok now - don't anybody take that post serious...just pokin' fun...

Glad you wrote the last part I just imagine what some would have to say about it. LOL

Annnie31 09-08-2011 11:44 AM

Ive been lucky enough to be around some TB's, Quarter Horses, and owned QH's and even an Appy at one time. A few years back we travelled with my Great Uncle and helped him show his string of Percherons at the Royal, Michigan International Show, etc etc. I love all of the breeds, but I just have a soft spot for the QHs and Percherons. Percherons have a great deal of personality and can be quite a challenge and I have to say they have a huge energy. QHs are for the most part, intelligent, kind, easy to train, and in many ways fearless. I love a horse that has a great booty and knows how to use it!! :)

MHFoundation Quarters 09-08-2011 12:11 PM

Face, I used to kinda like ya...:lol:

I'm a QH girl at heart. I grew up in family that's raised some darn good stock for 50 years+. I've ridden a lot of different breeds (even own my first warmblood now) but QHs are where my heart lies. I've had my hands on & legs over hundreds of QHs. They are versatile, quick learners and willing to please. When you find their niche they love their job. They tend to be very level headed & steady. Like any breed though there are exceptions of course.

DrumRunner 09-08-2011 12:19 PM

I'm not really horse racist but if I had to pick a breed that I thought was better than all the rest I would definitely have to say Quarter Horses! They are just all around fantastic horses. They are very versatile, excel at everything, level headed, willing, easy to please, and all around great horses. I love their build and conformation. They usually have great attitudes and are loyal, trust worthy, and make all kinds of different styles horses. They are just my favorite breed..

Annnie31 09-08-2011 12:29 PM

@MHFoundation Quarters.....AMEN...:-)

DrumRunner 09-08-2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MHFoundation Quarters (Post 1166385)
Face, I used to kinda like ya...:lol:

I'm a QH girl at heart. I grew up in family that's raised some darn good stock for 50 years+. I've ridden a lot of different breeds (even own my first warmblood now) but QHs are where my heart lies. I've had my hands on & legs over hundreds of QHs. They are versatile, quick learners and willing to please. When you find their niche they love their job. They tend to be very level headed & steady. Like any breed though there are exceptions of course.

lol I didn't realize I had almost said what you said word for word. Great minds think alike! :wink:

Dresden 09-08-2011 01:23 PM

Couldn't say it better than MH already did. I've ridden various breeds but I always come back to QHs.
Posted via Mobile Device