The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Looking for more info on my arabian's pedigree (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/looking-more-info-my-arabians-pedigree-97408/)

spookychick13 09-08-2011 01:58 PM

Looking for more info on my arabian's pedigree

Hiya,

I never had a polish arabian before and would like to know more about his bloodlines, a lot of the names (besides aladdinn and hal gazal) are unfamiliar to me. Is he overly line-bred?

People don't believe me when I tell them he is not half or part, but full arabian. :/

What exactly are crabbet lines?
Where can I find out more to read on polish/crabbet, my horses bloodlines, racing lines, etc? Thanks in advance, I love to read/research.
:)

Al-brando Arabian

Wallaby 09-08-2011 02:49 PM

I really have no idea about Arabian lines (a person who knows a lot is WSArabians, I think, she doesn't get on much but she gave me a full, in depth, run down on Lacey which was super interesting) but I thought I'd let you know that Lacey and Brandon are related!

Witraz is a pretty common Polish sire so tons of Polish bred horses have him but he makes Lacey and Brandon related. I have no idea about Lacey's mom's side so they could be even closer than that! haha I can't remember what I know about Witraz but I think, if I'm remembering correctly, he sires very athletic horses that can really do pretty much anything asked of them. He's a good one to have repeatedly. :)

Druydess 09-09-2011 08:24 AM

Spookychick,

I don't think he's overly line-bred at all; he has great breeding- lots of great horses in there.. Polish/Crabbet is a great combination.
Have to run to work, but here's a bit about Crabbet:

Why Buy Crabbet

Speed Racer 09-09-2011 09:03 AM

Spooky, my beloved Conny was Crabbet/Polish bred, although he went back to Bask in his dam's tail line, and not Witraz.

Here's information concerning the Crabbet horses from the AHA website. Not an infomercial like some websites, since you already have a Crabbet bred horse and don't need to be sold on them. :wink:

Welcome to Arabian Horses.org - Education

spookychick13 09-09-2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed Racer (Post 1167292)
Spooky, my beloved Conny was Crabbet/Polish bred, although he went back to Bask in his dam's tail line, and not Witraz.

Here's information concerning the Crabbet horses from the AHA website. Not an infomercial like some websites, since you already have a Crabbet bred horse and don't need to be sold on them. :wink:

Welcome to Arabian Horses.org - Education

That is EXACTLY what I was looking for, thank you! The infomercials were getting to me!

spookychick13 09-09-2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Druydess (Post 1167258)
Spookychick,

I don't think he's overly line-bred at all; he has great breeding- lots of great horses in there.. Polish/Crabbet is a great combination.
Have to run to work, but here's a bit about Crabbet:

Why Buy Crabbet

Thank you! :D

Bellasmom 09-09-2011 10:55 AM

I'm sorry, but as someone who was involved in Arabs for years in the 70's/80's/early 90's, I don't see any Crabbet breeding in this pedigree. He does have some very nice lines, but looks pure Polish to me. If I'm wrong, please educate me.

Bellasmom 09-09-2011 11:04 AM

Ah, the "Crabbet" is thru Naseem.....never really considered Negatiw a Polish/Crabbet cross & I owned a Negatiw son, but I guess technically he was. I'm not surprised people don't believe he's "pure" Arabian, if he's true to his lines. He is probably a little heavier boned & doesn't have a real "dishy" face. Post pics please!

spookychick13 09-09-2011 11:15 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Definitely not dishy and HUGELY boned. :)

I am always happy to share pictures of him, he's such a cutie (IMO).
He was a rescue as well.

Speed Racer 09-09-2011 11:26 AM

Dunno, he looks pretty Arab-y to me. :wink:

He reminds me so very much of my Conny. Conny didn't have the 'classic' dish either, but there was no doubt he was an Arabian. As someone told me once, 'He may not have a dished face, but you don't need to tattoo an A on his butt to let them know he's an Arab!' :-P