The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Memorials (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/)
-   -   RIP Grey Cloud (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/rip-grey-cloud-97543/)

Phantomcolt18 09-10-2011 02:59 PM

RIP Grey Cloud

1 Attachment(s)
Yesterday one of the sweetest little horses left this world for the lush, green pastures in heaven.

She was not my horse, she was my friend's but I still love her dearly and she holds a special place in my heart. She helped me gain confidence in riding when I was first starting out (years ago) and she was the first horse for me to EVER ride bareback. She loved kids, and still had quite a bit of spunk left in those old bones of hers.

Grey Cloud was almost 32 years old and unfortunately developed Melanoma last year. Surgery was done to try and fix it but her age wouldn't allow her to fight off any infection or the cancer. It spread rapidly and the kindest thing was to let her go. She was the sweetest little thing ever.....took care of my friend, then her daughter, me around the same time as her daughter, and her two young boys who you see riding in the pictures.

Thank you for everything old girl, you will be dearly missed. We all love you. Say "Hi" to your brothers Diamond and Bart they will be happy to see you. I'm sure they missed you very much....give Bart a hug for me and tell Diamond he better be behaving himself.

tinyliny 09-10-2011 03:13 PM

I am sure her owner's appreciate the nice video you made. Looks like she was well loved.

HorseLovinLady 09-10-2011 10:41 PM

So sorry for your friend and your loss. :-( Give the kids a hug for me. Grey Cloud was beautiful.

Taffy Clayton 09-10-2011 11:08 PM

so sorry !!!! she looked like an amazing horse!!!

Phantomcolt18 09-10-2011 11:12 PM

Thank you guys....I'll relay the condolenses on to my friend. Grey Cloud truly was an amazing little mare. She was a pintabian, she had the sweetest soul, the gentlest nature, and yet when you looked at her sometimes she seemed to have a mischievious look on her face. COMPLETE babysitter. She took the little ones in did the pattern with them and once she walked out of the gate the kids let go of the reins and she would just calmly walk back to the trailer and stand there until someone came over to help the kids down.

It's going to be hard going to the shows and looking over and her not being there. Their trailer is parked right next to ours every week so we had the pleasure of seeing her all the time.

Tayz 09-13-2011 05:33 AM

Shes looks like one of those horses that are 'one in a million' so sorry for you and your friends familys loss of such a great friend :'(
-sniff- beautiful video i felt tears in my eyes