The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   Lump on horses stomach near back leg....Pics (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/lump-horses-stomach-near-back-leg-97852/)

nyg052003 09-13-2011 08:49 PM

Lump on horses stomach near back leg....Pics

2 Attachment(s)
Anyone know what this is and is it normal. Its right by the Left Rear leg and stomach, where they meet. Sort of Like a pouch looking thing almost. It's not on the other side. Feels sort of soft, tissue or muscle??

waresbear 09-13-2011 10:13 PM

From your pic, I can't tell if it's an insect bite. I would say most likely yes, being this time of year and they tend to be as you described, soft. Or could be a hematoma, meaning she was kicked but you usually see a kick mark or an abrasion of some sort. If it doesn't go down within hmmmm 2 days, I would have it checked by a vet.

nyg052003 09-13-2011 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waresbear (Post 1172069)
From your pic, I can't tell if it's an insect bite. I would say most likely yes, being this time of year and they tend to be as you described, soft. Or could be a hematoma, meaning she was kicked but you usually see a kick mark or an abrasion of some sort. If it doesn't go down within hmmmm 2 days, I would have it checked by a vet.

actually since i had him almost 2 months, it was there. looks too large for an insect bite but not sure how large is too large on a horse for an actual insect bite

waresbear 09-13-2011 10:26 PM

So this lump has been on the horse for 2 months? Then it could be something else I could only guess at. I would definitely have it checked by a vet, any lump lasting longer than a few days is cause for concern.

nyg052003 09-13-2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waresbear (Post 1172082)
So this lump has been on the horse for 2 months? Then it could be something else I could only guess at. I would definitely have it checked by a vet, any lump lasting longer than a few days is cause for concern.

i mean, if its even a lump