The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   Full-Seat Breeches in Equitation? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/full-seat-breeches-equitation-97864/)

petitepyromaniac 09-13-2011 10:38 PM

Full-Seat Breeches in Equitation?

I'm fairly new to the jumping world (dressage rider), and I'd like to try out equitation over fences. Are full seat breeches allowed in EQ? I know they're not "traditional" enough for hunters, but I wondered if equitation was the same as far as that's concerned...

Anyway, if someone who knows the rules could let me in on it, that would be great! Thanks!

maura 09-13-2011 11:23 PM

There isn't a "rule" per se, but they are not typical in the hunter ring.

(If you spend the majority of your time in two-point, the advantage of full seat breeches is pretty much lost.)

So you won't be disqualified, or have points taken off, or anything like that. But you will stand out from the others riders because of your clothing choice.

You can by an inexpensive pair of tan or beige breeches for $40 - 50. that would be perfectly acceptable in the hunter ring. (To really fit in, you would need the $150. Tailored Sportsman breeches in the greenish beige color.) I might go that route rather than wearing the full seats if I really wanted to look the part.

petitepyromaniac 09-13-2011 11:59 PM

When you say the "hunter ring", does that include the equitation ring? Are they the exact same as far as clothing expectations?

maura 09-14-2011 07:00 AM

yes and yes.

petitepyromaniac 09-14-2011 10:26 AM

Okay, thank you!

Eclipse295 10-13-2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maura (Post 1172173)
(To really fit in, you would need the $150. Tailored Sportsman breeches in the greenish beige color.)

I have a pair of breeches in that color that I got for $20. You can't tell the difference unless you look at the details so when you are up on the horse showing you can't tell :)
Posted via Mobile Device