The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Colors and Genetics (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-colors-genetics/)
-   -   The solid Buckskin Paint club! ;-) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-colors-genetics/solid-buckskin-paint-club-%3B-97904/)

Hoofprints in the Sand 09-14-2011 10:31 AM

The solid Buckskin Paint club! ;-)

3 Attachment(s)
Inspired by several on the thread that have them and a joke one made about starting a club, here's your thread! :lol:

Post your solid buckskin Paints and their pedigrees if you have them, it would be interesting if we have any relatives!

Here's my girl!

Coosas Playgirl Paint

Post yours!

Hoofprints in the Sand 09-14-2011 11:17 AM

Oh and now being added to the Club -- solid buckskin Apps that other people think are Paints ;-)

Alwaysbehind 09-14-2011 11:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Squeeee, that is my old man. He is a solid buckskin appy that everyone assumes is a paint.

I will have to look up his pedigree. But here is a very recent photo of his over weight out of shape self.

ETA - caption on photo would be: Thank goodness for wind storms, living on a dry lot is hard, I shall survive on these leaves.

Poseidon 09-14-2011 11:29 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Woo!

Admittedly, Abby does have a spot by her right elbow that is about the size of of my thumbprint. Still doesn't count with the APHA though.

apachiedragon 09-14-2011 01:40 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Yay! Okay, here is my Buck man.
Diamond Flash Paint

I cannot believe I can't find a single picture of him jumping! I know I have some. I'll post more later when I have time to look for them!

apachiedragon 09-14-2011 01:58 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Too late to edit, but I have some screencaps of me jumping Buck back in our braver and younger days. These are stills from a hazy VHS tape, sorry for the quality.

Corporal 09-14-2011 02:05 PM

D'AWWW! Such beautiful ponies, ALL!! **hugs**
Got a question, Hoofprints in the sand: In back of all of those ribbons--congrats, I KNOW that you earned them!--I've noticed what looks like a winter clip? I Always thought it was a good idea, but I've only seen it in a book.

lubylol 09-14-2011 02:18 PM

Hoofprints in the Sand; your horse is kind of related to Cowboy. :)

Cowboy's sire is Coosa Lad, and Coosa Lad's dad is Coosa. So in a way they're related :3

IndiesaurusRex 09-14-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corporal (Post 1172814)
D'AWWW! Such beautiful ponies, ALL!! **hugs**
Got a question, Hoofprints in the sand: In back of all of those ribbons--congrats, I KNOW that you earned them!--I've noticed what looks like a winter clip? I Always thought it was a good idea, but I've only seen it in a book.

I know I'm not HITS, but I thought I might reply :-P It is indeed a winter clip, the yard I work for clips almost all of their 20+ horses in the winter, ranging from a bib clip (just the chest/neck) to a hunter clip (all of the body clipped minus a saddle patch, legs and head [optional]). What you do depends on how much work you to :-)
Hope that helped!!

lilruffian 09-14-2011 02:53 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's a filly i sold back in 2009. Dam wasn't registered so neither was she but here's her sire's pedigree:-)
Docs Golden Edition Paint
This is Mouse at 3 days old
Attachment 74941
4 months old
Attachment 74942
And last summer as a yearling! She's 2 & 1/2 now.
Attachment 74940