The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   what are your dreams? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/what-your-dreams-97948/)

XxemmafuriaxX 09-14-2011 05:36 PM

what are your dreams?

Hey i just wondered.. what is everyones dream? you know like what you really want to do before you get to old to do it hah mine is to travel to america or australia (im from the uk) and work on a cattle farm (ranch) for a year or so just to go away with the experience :D i love the thought of being surrounded by animals everyday (even if it does mean cleaning their poop) :shock: i just love rural life :D
SO!!!! tell me yours im sure everyone has one!

brackenbramley 09-14-2011 05:52 PM

hey there im from the uk too, i really want to go to Australia too and ive been to America a few times but always Florida so would like to do a proper trip and see different parts :) and with my horses my dream is to do a one day event :) x

XxemmafuriaxX 09-14-2011 06:00 PM

ive been to america too but not to work haha just the normal holiday :D

Jessabel 09-14-2011 06:38 PM

My dream is to own a horse sanctuary. If I win the lotto, I'll buy a huge, state-of-the-art equestrian estate and fill it up with useless and special-needs horses. I'd also grab as many horses out of kill pens as I could.

I'd have vets, farriers, and massage therapists on duty at all times. The horses would spend the rest of their lives in luxury. :wink: I'd also give free "Horse Ownership 101" seminars.

That would be freakin' sweet.

Also, a less lofty dream of mine is to take my horse to the beach and go swimming with him. =]

myhorsesonador 09-14-2011 06:41 PM

To be a horse trainer, and to own a nice reining stallion

Brighteyes 09-14-2011 06:56 PM

I want to have the greatest trail horse ever. :wink: I want to be feared at the highest level of competitive trail and survive a 100 mile endurance ride at some point. I would than like to retire my horse from the high levels and let her be a schoolmaster to kids trying to get into the distance world. Somewhere along the lines I would like to breed her and see if I can do it all again with her foal.

Maybe it'll come true one day. It's not impossible, just tough.

ropercastle 09-14-2011 08:26 PM

I live on a ranch so just come on down! Haha but seriously I would looove to have a racehorse rehabilitation program...retrain them and sell them to a good home..... or to have a qh breeding ranch. I'm tired of cows!

Britt 09-14-2011 09:26 PM

I've recently found my dreams for the future changing...

My mum used to travel all the time to ifferent states, countries, etc... I hated her going, even though I've never lived with her and don't even talk to he very often... I went with her once and, while it was interestig, I swore that I never wanted to travel... However, now, being in college, I've found myself wanting to possibly eventualy sign up for the 'excange' program and spend a year in the UK for some of my schooling.

If not that, then I would like to travel and see a few other states/countries later on in my life, just to see what everything is about and all.

One life-dream of mine that hasn't changed, though, is my want to eventually own a large area of land and convert it to a ranch-type of thing, lots of horses, etc... I want t ne day be able to host some sort of equine-based 'summer camp' for children (which is odd, seeing as how I don't really like kids a lot... well, I don't dislike kids, but I'd rather not be around babies/toddlers). I want to do this due to the fact that horses have been a pure joy for me and really helped me to learn responsibility, respect, etc... I would love to share the joy horses can bring a person with kids... especially those that live in areas, or don't have the fortune to ever ride or see a horse up close.

I also want to one day go on one of those five-hundred mile (or longer) trail-rides that span the entire US except for Hawaii and Alaska, obviously, lol...

DraftyAiresMum 09-14-2011 09:31 PM

I want to event with Aires. No doubts we'll never make upper level stuff, but just to go and have fun and compete...heaven! A lot of steps between here and there, but we have quite a few years before he can even start jumping anyway, so we'll get there (hopefully we'll get pretty good at dressage in the meantime ;-) ).

Another dream is to own my own aquarium maintenance and landscaping business. I'm good at it and love doing it.

MHFoundation Quarters 09-14-2011 10:00 PM

Non horse related, travel, travel, travel. I have a huge list of must sees on my travel bucket list, most of which are very unrealistic. My hubby & I also plan to be the crazy retired people who live in an RV and just go wherever the wind takes us, provided my daughter wants to take over the farm someday lol!

Horse related, I have some lofty ones. I'd like to win an NCHA derby, Freestyle reining at Congress & having an AQHA Superhorse title wouldn't be so bad either ;) My realistic one at the moment is to make my little guy a successful all-arounder and add some bronzes to the shelf. Now I just have to wait for him to grow up so we can get riding!