The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Hey Everyone! (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/hey-everyone-98001/)

SRich 09-15-2011 09:52 AM

Hey Everyone!

I've been riding for several months, taking weekly riding lessons. I love horses and hope to own one someday. Being around horses puts me in a great mood for the whole day. I came to this horse forum, so that I can talk about horses with others that share the same passion. My family and friends never want to talk about them and I don't want to drive them crazy. :lol: This looks like a wonderful forum that is full of great, knowledgeable people. :-) I have many questions, being a beginner rider and I hope that I can learn a lot.

Alwaysbehind 09-15-2011 10:36 AM

:wave:

Welcome to the forum.

Most of us have probably been there, no one to talk horse with.
Totally understand. My family knows nothing about horses other than they are something I seem to spend way too much money on.

Lessons are a great way to get started with horses. What style riding are you taking?

gigem88 09-15-2011 11:35 AM

Welcome to the forum! Fortunately, my sister has horses and we talk to our hearts content. Unfortunately, she lives on the west coast and me on the gulf coast! You'll definitely get a broad spectrum of views, ideas and tips.

Speed Racer 09-15-2011 11:42 AM

Welcome. Plenty of other horse nutz here to converse with. I too, don't have family who like horses, so I have to find outside sources. :wink:

Am I the only one who thought of Dr. Nick from the Simpsons when I saw the title of this thread? Hey Everybody! Probably.... I'll go back to my corner now..... :oops:

SRich 09-15-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alwaysbehind (Post 1173711)
:wave:

Welcome to the forum.

Most of us have probably been there, no one to talk horse with.
Totally understand. My family knows nothing about horses other than they are something I seem to spend way too much money on.

Lessons are a great way to get started with horses. What style riding are you taking?

Thank you! My friends don't seem to get that I'd rather spend money on horses than clothes and makeup. I take Western riding lessons, but I'd like to be able to ride both styles in the future. Western just suits me better than English. :-)

SRich 09-15-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigem88 (Post 1173749)
Welcome to the forum! Fortunately, my sister has horses and we talk to our hearts content. Unfortunately, she lives on the west coast and me on the gulf coast! You'll definitely get a broad spectrum of views, ideas and tips.

Thanks! You are so lucky to have someone close that shares the same interests. I wish my sisters were into horses, but they'd rather talk about boys.

SRich 09-15-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed Racer (Post 1173758)
Welcome. Plenty of other horse nutz here to converse with. I too, don't have family who like horses, so I have to find outside sources. :wink:

Am I the only one who thought of Dr. Nick from the Simpsons when I saw the title of this thread? Hey Everybody! Probably.... I'll go back to my corner now..... :oops:

Thanks! I was just messing around on the internet looking up horse stuff and this forum popped up. Looked through the threads for a couple of days and decided that I should just make an account. So glad I did! You guys sound like nice folks.

Have no clue who Dr. Nick is, but now I'm going to look him up. haha :-)

Alwaysbehind 09-15-2011 03:00 PM

I have no idea who Dr. Nick is either..... SR knows all kinds of ...well...interesting...yea interesting... facts.

Cowgirl07 09-15-2011 03:20 PM

Welcome to the forum and hope that your horse career goes great I was in your spot at one time it was worse but I'm intermediate now.I couldnt wait to get a horse of my own now I got the dream horse Baxter he is smooth and he can get stubborn sometimes but not all the time and he is a show horse Hope everything goes well for you :clap:

SRich 09-16-2011 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alwaysbehind (Post 1173973)
I have no idea who Dr. Nick is either..... SR knows all kinds of ...well...interesting...yea interesting... facts.

Hahaha..well this is Dr. Nick. Say Hi Dr. Nick! :lol:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...b6/Dr_Nick.png

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowgirl07 (Post 1173992)
Welcome to the forum and hope that your horse career goes great I was in your spot at one time it was worse but I'm intermediate now.I couldnt wait to get a horse of my own now I got the dream horse Baxter he is smooth and he can get stubborn sometimes but not all the time and he is a show horse Hope everything goes well for you :clap:

Thanks! Yeah I'm really excited about owning a horse, but for now I just want to get as much experience riding all kinds. I probably wont own a horse for a couple of years. I want to finish college and get my life together first. :wink: