The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Re-opening the Saddle Club.. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/re-opening-saddle-club-9811/)

Dumas'_Grrrl 06-06-2008 11:08 AM

Re-opening the Saddle Club..

OK... It has been many moons and I have also slept since the last time the local saddle club was open... like 2-3 years....Any ways there is a pot luck meeting tonite at 7 and I was trying to think of some good questions to ask......I don't want to get my hopes up again. It was so much fun when it was open.. We didn't do play days or Shodos. But every Friday nite we would go out there and ride in the arena with our friends and the kids would have a blast just riding in circles all nite. Some times the adults would have horse races and sometimes we would set the barrels up for those that wanted to try it. So I dunno.... I have mixed feelings about it. I was just wanting to ask ya' all if you had any advice or things I should ask......

LOL... The more I write the more I want it open......lol

americancowgurl31391 06-06-2008 12:20 PM

i think you should mention it. Its a good idea. New people to the area can join and make friends. Im sure nobody would be against it. Maybe even having fun shows or like BBQs once a month would be awesome.

Dumas'_Grrrl 06-06-2008 12:27 PM

I LOVE the idea of a BBQ once a month!!!!!

Usually there are women in the cook shack making burgers and such and they tend to complain that they are "stuck" there... If they only cooked once a month I think that makes VERY good sence.

The last time it was open people just quit going because of the "drama". Like to allow alcohol or not. This is a very small community.... like the cencus sign says 200 people and alot of the people my age were practically raised there in the 70's and EVERYONE had a beer in their hand then and some folks want to bring their own beer still.... I really don't have a problem with it if they keep it under control...others were throwing a fit.. saying the beer should be in cup....duh... for what?... to hide it from the kids? They already know what is in the cup :roll:

americancowgurl31391 06-06-2008 12:31 PM

yeah once a month would be good for a BBQ and alcohol should be fine as long as kept under control. What about a fun show like once a month or every couple months? I would love if we had saddle clubs down here.

PoptartShop 06-06-2008 12:59 PM

That'd be awesome Dumas!! :) I also say mention it.

Dumas'_Grrrl 06-06-2008 01:41 PM

I don't really care much about the "fun days'' right now... I just want it up and running... The fun stuff sounds...well :roll: fun (duh me)... but It would be nice to have it working and running right.. I think the biggest problem is the money for the lights and stuff... I am interested in seeing where they are wanting to get the money from. A couple years back they were complaining about back owed bills that a "member" was paying individually and that they should be reimbursed....but......that "member" is also a leader of a 4-h group and used the facility for 4-h stuff...so I figure that is her problem not the clubs...I feel that if she was going to use the facility for 4-h she should have paid a rental fee and then paid the light bill with that....it would also be a great building to "rent out" for get togethers in the community ( family reunions, graduation parties, b-day parties...etc.) but no one ever does that......I'll let you know and I'd appreciate any more ideas. :D

americancowgurl31391 06-06-2008 02:17 PM

maybe someone in the group has a big arena or place where everyone can gather. Or maybe everyone can chip in a little every month. The money will add up.

Dumas'_Grrrl 06-06-2008 04:10 PM

oh........ That is the whole point.... The saddle club owns an arena with a big ol announcers booth and bleachers and club house with full kitchen and appliances and restrooms and 8ft tables and chairs.... its all there...the **** people can't seem to get along well enough to keep it going.... So every few years a group of folks try to have a hand at running it and then it just fades out again.....

But the place is capeable if calf roping, barrel racing...it has everything except bull chutes......Yeah... I KNOW!.... awesome huh... :shock:

americancowgurl31391 06-06-2008 04:13 PM

omg...what is wrong with them? Why cant people just get along? The whole point is having fun with your horses!!!! Maybe just address this at the meeting and have a responsible leader who people can come to if there is a problem.

Dumas'_Grrrl 06-06-2008 04:18 PM

I KNOW!!!!!!!! right? !!!! :roll:

I think I am just going to go to the meeting and keep my mouth shut for a while.... See where this is all going before I get too worked up.

I really want it to open up so we can just hang out and have some fun in a safe place again.....