The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   New Saddle Fit (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/new-saddle-fit-98125/)

aetripken 09-16-2011 03:17 PM

New Saddle Fit

6 Attachment(s)
I just purchased a Prestige Grand Prix, 34 cm tree and 17" seat, long flap. I had my horse fit using Stubbens and a Nona Garson Prestige and this is the size they decided I needed.

I rode in it and it felt wonderful. My horse didn't show any signs of discomfort. The sweat marks were evenly distributed on her back (no dry spots). The saddle didn't compromise her shoulder movement, either. The angle of points are also parallel.

I've uploaded a few pics to get opinions on the fit. This was a big purchase for me ... I'm getting married in less than a month and I sold my HDR A/O due to the fact I needed a better fitting saddle for both me and my horse. I want to be sure that it fits properly before I lose the opportunity to send it back.

The three people that looked at it said it looked great and fit her nicely. I haven't gotten a professional saddle fitter to look at it - the one I did ask was extremely negative about it because it wasn't her brand she sold... Tried not to take that one to heart, but it did make me worry.

josieandhannah 09-18-2011 06:30 PM

i really like that saddle! it looks like something i'm looking for now? i dont know much about saddles.
what do you use that saddle for and how much was it?

aetripken 09-19-2011 08:01 AM

It is a Prestige Grand Prix, but unfortunately I am sending it back. It is a size 18 which is too big for me. It is a great saddle for anything, though I purchased it for jumping/cross country purposes. It was very comfortable! I paid $1000 for it, though it is a $3000 saddle. If you are interested, I can direct you to the seller on ebay!

Joe4d 09-19-2011 03:17 PM

Where do you put your saddle bags, raincoat and canteen?

Sunny 09-19-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe4d (Post 1178310)
Where do you put your saddle bags, raincoat and canteen?

Lots of English saddles have D rings on the back for that very purpose. :wink:

It looks very comfy! Sad you had to send it back.
Posted via Mobile Device