The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   Show Clothes for IEA? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/show-clothes-iea-98235/)

SpottedDraftRider 09-17-2011 08:32 PM

Show Clothes for IEA?

My instructor just formed an IEA team and I decided to join the team. I am in need of new breeches and was wondering if anyone knew of any good show breeches that I could possibly school in too? Also, do the show shirts have to be white? And what brand is your favorite show shirt? My show shirt is coming apart at the seams, and will have to be replaced soon. Any input will be helpful. :-)

equiniphile 09-17-2011 09:12 PM

My friend rides IEA; she says it's a blast. I would love to try it.

My favorite inexpensive but sturdy breeches are Devon-Aire; I have 3 pair, but you have to try on a few different brands and styles to find one that fits you right. Every brand fits different, and you have to see what works best for you. As for show shirts, they do not have to be white. The guidelines are the same as in the hunter ring, so navy striped and sometimes plaid shirts are often seen. I honestly don't have a preferance for show shirts...I have 4 or 5, all different brands, and I don't notice a difference.

Tall boots, navy/black/gray jacket, and for helmets I reccomend a GPA, IRH, or velvet helmet. Troxels look tacky in the hunter ring, IMO.

SpottedDraftRider 09-18-2011 07:52 AM

I have yet to try Devon Aire. Otherwise I've had On Course and Tuff Riders. Good to know about the fact I can have a colored shirt. I agree with you about Troxels looking tacky in the Hunter ring. Thanks for your help! :)
Posted via Mobile Device

sweetxsour35 09-30-2011 09:05 PM

Do make sure your show shirt matches your coat lol.
For example, don't wear a pink shirt with a navy jacket. Pink goes better with gray or black.
Posted via Mobile Device

SpottedDraftRider 10-01-2011 09:45 AM

Haha I will make sure to do that. I have a white shirt with a navy coat. Hopefully getting a blue long sleeve shirt soon. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

SpottedDraftRider 10-01-2011 12:16 PM

Haha I will make sure to do that. I have a white shirt with a navy coat. Hopefully getting a blue long sleeve shirt soon. :)
Posted via Mobile Device