The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Miniature Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/miniature-horses/)
-   -   Just a simple question. (http://www.horseforum.com/miniature-horses/just-simple-question-98293/)

Marisa 09-18-2011 03:12 PM

Just a simple question.

I wanted to get a mini and maybe goats. i know the goats can deal with this land but can the minis? I live on a flat part in the woods, but besides where my house and driveway is its kind of a hill. not steep, you can walk down it, but there is brush, trees and a stream in there. Can a mini be kept in this kind of land?
We will build a stable and everything to keep it in, when weather gets bad, but i didnt know if hills were bad for it.
thank you for your help!

SpiritedLittleCopperSpots 09-20-2011 01:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Marisa! :wave:

I also live up in the mountains, and we do not have much in the way of flat ground ourselves.
I have riding horses, Llamas, a goat, as well as miniature horses, and they all do just fine. So I would not let that keep you from having them. :wink:

I don't have any good pics to show the lay of the land, but you might get some idea from this one, this is the minis in their paddock area.....

Attachment 75400

And this is their barn, again not the best angle, but you get the idea.
Attachment 75403

Marisa 09-22-2011 03:19 PM

Thank you! :) and wow you have an amazing piece of property. It looks beautiful there and peaceful!
Posted via Mobile Device

SpiritedLittleCopperSpots 09-23-2011 01:16 PM

Welcome. :D
Please let us know if you do end up getting a mini, and/or goats! Love to hear about them and see pics.

nicole25 09-30-2011 10:40 PM

Can i just say Spirited if you ever need a house keeper or barn keeper I will gladly live in a stall to live on your property! It is gorgeous there not to mention I love snow!

SpiritedLittleCopperSpots 10-02-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicole25 (Post 1188411)
Can i just say Spirited if you ever need a house keeper or barn keeper I will gladly live in a stall to live on your property! It is gorgeous there not to mention I love snow!

:lol: Thanks, LOL! :lol:
Come on out, I can always use a hand mucking out stalls and paddocks!

nicole25 10-02-2011 12:54 PM

Consider me on the next flight from PA! Haha
Posted via Mobile Device