The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Moving Barns!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/moving-barns-9832/)

appylover31803 06-06-2008 07:40 PM

Moving Barns!!!

Ok, so i just looked at the new place, Riverwood Hollow Farm, and Oh my goodness! It is such a wonderful place there. The owners are extremely nice and very down to earth are at just wonderful people!
We toured the barns and pastures and met everyone. All the horses look fantastic, even her 28 year old gelding! There are at a healthy weight and look so extremely happy!

There are a few boarders, but she said she had a zero tolerance for drama, so there shouldn't be any problems! And she's familiar with hypp and will feed her accordingly.

And the pastures! They were huge and were all green. Even the one paddock she said was dirt, there was grass there and just looked fantastic.

They use the same vet that looked at Gem, and she said she has a wonderful farrier, but we are welcome to use our own (same with the vet).

All in all, it's a fantastic place for us and our horses. We are going up to our current barn to talk to them and if possible move them very soon (we're hoping in the next week) But if we have to wait 30 days, we'll bite the bullet and do it.

Be prepared for tons of pics of Gem and Vega in their new oasis!
:D :D :D

HorsesAreForever 06-06-2008 07:55 PM

omg thats awesome! I wish I could move :) Good Luck to u and your horses.

JustDressageIt 06-06-2008 09:49 PM

I am SO jealous of you... SO SO SO very jealous...!! ;) I'm glad it all worked out, that's a relief!!

PoptartShop 06-06-2008 09:54 PM

Yay, Appy!! :D I'm soo glad you found a good place. Now both you & your horses will be happier!! :)

melinda27858 06-06-2008 10:18 PM

That is fantastic! Congrats on the decision. It is always good to know you are entrusting partial care of your horses with someone who cares.

Jubilee Rose 06-06-2008 10:26 PM

That's awesome Appy!!!! Congrats!! Sounds just WONDERFUL. I'm sure your horses will just ADORE their new home!

Pictures please!!!!!!! :D :D

melinda27858 06-06-2008 10:33 PM

Ooooooo, I just looked at their website. Beautiful! And you aren't too far from where I went to School in PA.

Dumas'_Grrrl 06-06-2008 11:25 PM

Yeah...... Congrats ! :D

PoptartShop 06-06-2008 11:30 PM

I second Jubilee on the pictures...they're a must! :P LOL!

appylover31803 06-07-2008 10:19 AM

Thank you so much everyone! Tom and I are so very excited. We're going to break the news to Gem and Vega today. :D

I will take pictures of them loading onto the trailer(maybe, no idea how either of them load) on most definitely when they're at their new home!

I'll let everyone know when the move-in date is.