The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Western Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/)
-   -   Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/critique-98329/)

DrumRunninHoney 09-18-2011 09:33 PM

Critique

4 Attachment(s)
Just looking for some opinions on my new girl...What should I watch for? What do you think is an asset? Etc :-)

PEDIGREE: Obviously a Kitcat Quarter Horse

(Please excuse her low weight in the side photo, she was being introduced to a new herd and was being chased off a food, she has been moved into a new group and doing well.)

BarrelracingArabian 09-18-2011 09:40 PM

her back makes me alittle nervous almost seems to be the start of a roach back thats the only thing the REALLY stands out to me as I'm not very good at confo she also seems to need quite a bit of muscle on her neck..it looks a bit unperportioned to her thicker body but she is a pretty girl! :]

tinyliny 09-18-2011 10:36 PM

Her neck is on the short side, set on low and is under muscled. Her back does have a bit of an upward arc to it, but I don't know if there is anything that qualifies as a roach. The pelvis is big and has a good angle to it. It is her best featurem, in my opinion. Her hind leg is a bit posty, with the stifle angle and hock angle a bit more open than is optimal. Rear pasterns are also upright.

Front leg is a bit dainty of bone a bit hard to see knees (dark picture) but look ok. Her shoulder is somewhat upright. Her ribs look well sprung and heart depth looks prettty good.

She just looks a bit like her front half of her body just isn't nearly as sturdy as the rear. But I can't see anything "wrong" with her. If you love her, and she loves to go out and ride with you, then that's all that matters.

As for the pedigree, I know nothing about QH breeding, so won't even try to make any comment there.