The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   ooooooooowwwwwww (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/ooooooooowwwwwww-9855/)

Kaitlan 06-07-2008 11:59 AM

ooooooooowwwwwww

i decided to ride to ride a little bit without stirrups yesterday. and i posted without them going over ground poles. i only did it a couple time but....ow!!!
i am SO sore, its insane. the inside of my thighs are killing me!
yea, guess that shows i really need to work on that...
i was fine at the sitting trot but the posting trot?
i did it but it hurt like he**

PoptartShop 06-07-2008 01:07 PM

Yep that's what it does to 'ya! LOL! That happens a lot when I ride bareback...you really work your legs & thighs hard!

chasin the dream 06-07-2008 10:44 PM

mhm..sadly ive gone like 3 miles bareback! omg never, EVER do that again.lmao.and what makes it worse was that i had breeches on so like my legs fell like there were millions of needles sticking through.it hurst SSOOO bad.i was wishing my mare had no hair!

Rachluvshorses4eva 06-07-2008 11:18 PM

Ouch! It improves your balence a lot though and streathgens your muscles. Keep it up!

PoptartShop 06-07-2008 11:49 PM

:shock: Wow, the most I've gone bareback is like 3hrs...in the arena. LOL! :P That's good for your legs & balance, though.

Jubilee Rose 06-08-2008 12:43 AM

Aww... yeah it does hurt. But keep working at it seriously. It's one of the best things for you!

Rachluvshorses4eva 06-08-2008 12:44 AM

I remember once, we had to jump in the canter with no Stirrups for our balance. Good times.

orchid park 06-08-2008 05:18 AM

I use to ride bareback all the time (some years ago), now when I do ride the horses my saddles dont have stirrups on them as i dont use them.
I dont show them under saddle (only in harness) so this is not an issue. Funny how you get use to doing something one way, I just cant get comfortable with my feet in the stirrups.

Kaitlan 06-08-2008 07:48 PM

wow. 3 hours bareback? ouchie. i have a bony back thoroughbred so i will NEVER go that long without a saddle. his trot is pretty smooth though. and i figured out why my left thigh hurt so much...my saddle bruised me! where i put the stirrup to flip over his shoulder the stirrup leather was sticking up so when i gripped it was digging into my thigh. yea, next time i think ill just take the stirrups off. maybe i won't get bruised :P