The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Arab gelding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/arab-gelding-critique-98561/)

grayshell38 09-21-2011 03:13 PM

Arab gelding Critique

5 Attachment(s)
So, I'm throwing Mana into the frying pan since he finally turned two. :D
His neck has improved so much in the last few months, I think it'll turn out much like Deja's. Let me know what you think of the little guy.

grayshell38 01-08-2012 04:56 PM

Bumping this up. Thoughts?

annaleah 01-08-2012 04:59 PM

In my opinion,..I think he looks great for only being two..I believe he is going to be one handsome boy when he fills out a bit more. Beautiful head and eye. He is a little narrow in the chest and neck, but again he is only two...I'm sure he will fill out within the next year. I think he's beautiful!

grayshell38 01-08-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annaleah (Post 1299273)
In my opinion,..I think he looks great for only being two..I believe he is going to be one handsome boy when he fills out a bit more. Beautiful head and eye. He is a little narrow in the chest and neck, but again he is only two...I'm sure he will fill out within the next year. I think he's beautiful!

Thank you! I expect him to get much wider in the chest, due to the bull dog his mother was.
Momma:
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._5097265_n.jpg

annaleah 01-08-2012 05:12 PM

Oh, my goodness!!! What a cutie!! She is soo adorable!! See what you mean about a bull dog!..lol... can I steal that pic for my computer background! Love the fluffy main and forelock too..I'm an arab addict..sorry if I sound overly excited..lol..

grayshell38 01-08-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annaleah (Post 1299282)
Oh, my goodness!!! What a cutie!! She is soo adorable!! See what you mean about a bull dog!..lol... can I steal that pic for my computer background! Love the fluffy main and forelock too..I'm an arab addict..sorry if I sound overly excited..lol..

She was a very pretty girl. Too bad her and I didn't click, but I found a home for her where both her and her new owner are happy. Yeah, go ahead. Just a note, this pic was taken by Jes of Rebel J Photography. <Gotta give credit where it is due. :D

jumanji321 01-08-2012 05:17 PM

It looks like he's entering a slightly awkward phase but I always think young horses look a little funky. His mom is a beautiful colour!

grayshell38 01-08-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumanji321 (Post 1299288)
It looks like he's entering a slightly awkward phase but I always think young horses look a little funky. His mom is a beautiful colour!

One of many, I assure you! :lol: One day he'll look amazing and straight, and the next day his butt will jump up and he'll be an awkward mess again. Thank you! She was quite talented. If only I had gotten her a few years earlier, maybe she wouldn't have had the attitude she did. She was a talented mare. I expect big things from her son, who has shown a great mind and a fair bit of talent, himself so far.

nherridge 01-09-2012 11:19 PM

I like how he is floating in the last pic :)
Have you been backing him? He is considerably sweaty in the girth area.

grayshell38 01-09-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nherridge (Post 1301256)
I like how he is floating in the last pic :)
Have you been backing him? He is considerably sweaty in the girth area.

Yes, he has a very floaty trot. :) He hasn't been backed officially and won't be until may or so, but I do lunge him with saddle or surcingle.
That day I had been working him with a surcingle earlier.