The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Plus Sized Riders (http://www.horseforum.com/plus-sized-riders/)
-   -   What's your addiction? (http://www.horseforum.com/plus-sized-riders/whats-your-addiction-98563/)

EighteenHands 09-21-2011 03:53 PM

What's your addiction?

Hey fluffy riders!! I want to know what you do for fun. Are you a show Jump-a-holic? barrel racing rebel? competitive trail ride addict? dressage junky? What's your addiction?

Talk to me!

xoxo

~Lizzy

Idlepastures 09-21-2011 04:35 PM

Grooming :D LOL. That, and trails. And making my horse do stupid horse tricks. Like stepping on the crab in the water when we ride the beach. Or touching targets while riding. I use to love speed events, but I've gotten out of that stage. But now I love to explore trails and work cows.

More than anything I love grooming. Very very relaxing for me.

Roperchick 09-21-2011 05:25 PM

Cattle sorting and horse soccer! Basically anything with adrenaline. Me and my colt are adrenaline junkies...

Golden Horse 09-21-2011 05:52 PM

Chocoalte cup cakes, ice cream, ch........

:oops: Oops my bad, only read the title..

I'm a dressage Diva, lol, nope I'm a dressage wannabe, and I have been know to jump as well, mostly I'm an improver, I just want to do things better and make my horses nice to ride:wink:

Idlepastures 09-21-2011 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Horse (Post 1180453)
Chocoalte cup cakes, ice cream, ch........

:oops: Oops my bad, only read the title..

MMMMM....ice cream

waresbear 09-21-2011 10:09 PM

Can non-fluffy riders answer too? I like western pleasure and show hack at the moment. Show hack more. Sorry kids, I don't really like ice cream that much, but you got any turtle cheesecake?

Dreamcatcher Arabians 09-21-2011 10:23 PM

Western pleasure, CTR, Trail classes, trail riding for fun, halter

nuisance 09-21-2011 10:52 PM

I have no formal training... I take that back, I had one day of English riding lessons! lol (traded lessons for cleaning stables when owner was out of town, the came back to town then moved)
I just like to ride, I grew up in S. California, back property line was the national forest, I was on the horse all day in the mountains :D :D Oh how I miss that.... My parents forced me to move to Texas... Cowboys and Indians right! All the places I ever wanted to ride.... You ride up and down the highway... BFD!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I found food... That's my addiction!

But. I'm hoping to trade that addiction for riding again. I use to do competitive trail riding with NATRC, and would like to do some again, once I, and my horse are in shape. I just enjoy getting out and going!!! Just wish I had someone to go with me!

Dreamcatcher Arabians 09-21-2011 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuisance (Post 1180735)
I use to do competitive trail riding with NATRC, and would like to do some again, once I, and my horse are in shape. I just enjoy getting out and going!!! Just wish I had someone to go with me!

Don't wait until you're both in shape, just start slowly. If I waited til I was back in shape I'd never go on another CTR in my whole life, LOL!

Brighteyes 09-21-2011 11:54 PM

I'm a CTR nut! Completely! Lotsa NATRC, a little ACTHA, and some local stuff thrown in for kicks and giggles. Anything trail and I'm all up in it!

I also really like double stuff oreos.