The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Hello from Michigan (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/hello-michigan-98578/)

iHorse 09-21-2011 06:41 PM

Hello from Michigan

Hello, my name is Brittany and I've been a big fan of horses for quite a long time. I started out with an untrained Arabian gelding that I had to sell in order for my family to keep the house and the second horse I've ever had, an Appaloosa, had to be sold for the same reasons. Looking back on how quickly I had to get rid of the horses made me feel like a bad person, but the people to really blame were my parents for buying them for me when they knew that we couldn't afford them. They promised that we wouldn't have to get rid of them and I should've known it'd be another lie.

I'm almost a 16 year old, though. I don't think I should mess with the bigger horses so I have my eye on my favorite little horses in the entire world. Yup, I love Miniature Horses. They make the perfect companion and they don't require as much land. Before I get one I'm going to make sure that I'm financially stable and that I have the experience level to care for him/her. The one I'm looking at seems to be good and he's around my area. He's a great price, too. I just hope that I'll be his next owner if he's fit for me.

Link: Cute Mini Stud. Correct and color producer. - Houcks Hemlock Brooks Legacys JB

Allison Finch 09-21-2011 07:02 PM

Welcome to the forum!! I hope you enjoy your time with us.

That is a cute mini. I have one question, though. Will you be gelding him if you get him? I ask because they say that he has been used as a "teaser" stallion. Sometimes these horses/ponies can get a bit nasty being used this way....though not always. He will be a much easier and nicer pony if he is gelded, IMO

Whatever you decide, I hope getting him helps with your horse hunger. Just remember, though they may eat a bit less, they still need the same vetting, foot trimming, care as a horse and it will still be expensive.

iHorse 09-21-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Will you be gelding him if you get him?
Yes, if I get him I'll turn him into a very fine and handsome gelding. They're a lot less stubborn if they've been gelded because they don't have those stallion-like urges (I'm sure you know what I mean). I don't like to deal with stubborn horses because my mom is scared of them (Yes, she's even scared of Miniature Horses). If she happens to visit my house I don't want the horse to act up and frighten her. That's another reason that I got rid of my other horses. She kept freaking out on me for no reason and made it something that I could no longer enjoy.

I'm browsing the listings in Michigan so perhaps in the future when I can move out of the house I'll know what I want and I'll have what I need without people freaking out on me. I surely hope my mom doesn't visit my house when I'm older (I know it sounds mean, but there's more behind it and I don't want to mention it).

iHorse 09-21-2011 10:11 PM

Hm, I might actually be interested in having a Shetland Pony instead of a Miniature Horse. If I have a Shetland Pony I'll be able to drive him/her and that'd just give me another fun and great thing to do. I'll just have to wait and find out what truly suits me. I'm actually looking at a very nice Shetland Pony right now.

Link: Adorable riding and driving pony - Clip Clop Calypso