The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   I need your help! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/i-need-your-help-987/)

alucard 03-05-2007 08:50 PM

I need your help!

Bonny, my 5 year old mare got moved into a larger pen with more horses and a mule and she's the boss over all of them...the bad thing is that she hasn't come up to me to meet me at the gate for 2 days and today she didn't even act like she recognized me until I ran her around the pen for 5 minutes!

I think it's because she's boss of a group of horses she doesn't consider me as her boss until we're out of the pen, then she's a perfect angel.....How do I get passed this? I can see her "wake up" too, like she becomes a dumb horse in the pen, and when she recognizes me and knows that I'm there she smartens up. How can I make her realize that no matter if she's the boss of 2 horses or 7 like she is now, that I'm still boss and that she still needs to come to me when I call her. :shock:

HELP!!! How can I fix this???????

savepitbulls 03-05-2007 09:41 PM

Keep doing what you're doing. Its only been a couple of days she it's still an adjustment for her. Once things settle down and if you keep working with her she will probably start cooperating again,

kristy 03-05-2007 11:47 PM

What about patience? Just give her time.

alucard 03-06-2007 08:09 AM

I suppose that is the most obvious thing! lol. I'll give her some time, but what can I do if in a week or 2 things don't change?

ImaFlashyBit 03-06-2007 08:14 AM

In my opinion it just sounds like she is being a normal horse. When my mare is turned out to pasture like she is now, some days she comes to me and some days she doesn't. I wouldn't take it personally and try to fix her to come when called. Some horses do and some horses don't.... Goodluck :lol:

alucard 03-13-2007 01:40 PM

Nope! I gave her time and now she's back to her normal meet me at the gate self......wow, ever heard of a thing called patience? I feel silly... :roll:

Thanks guys!