The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Other Pets (http://www.horseforum.com/other-pets/)
-   -   Anyone else have goats??? (http://www.horseforum.com/other-pets/anyone-else-have-goats-98773/)

Day Mares 09-24-2011 07:32 AM

Anyone else have goats???

1 Attachment(s)
Hiya. I have a white saneen doe called Hope. :-) She is the sweetest, most entertaining pet and pushes the horses around like you wouldn't believe. Anyone else have a goat? I'd love to see pics. :-)

Here is Hope, starring with fat horse = Piper, thin horse = Sienna. The three amigos lol

mvinotime 09-24-2011 10:26 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Yep....I have four currently and two sheep :) I love them they are VERY entertaining and fun pets. I have two pygmy's Rosie and Prissy and two Tennessee Fainting Goats Chet and Chuck ;)

Rachel1786 09-24-2011 08:35 PM

We have had a few goats over the years, Nana was the first, she was apparently a mixed breed, she was fairly large and white, We also had Oreo, a pigmy, Hazel, a cute little grey goat kid who a dog got to and killed and Nestle. Aside from Hazel they all died of old age, Nestle was put down on 12/29 we have no idea what happened to her but she developed a sort of hind end paralysis or nerve damage. At one point she was up again and out eating with the horses but then she couldn't use her back end again so we didn't want to make her suffer any longer. I do have a pic of her with my 36 year old gelding Blue, I don't have a pic of any of the others tho. http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/a...e/IMG_2284.jpg

ilovemyPhillip 09-24-2011 11:39 PM

I have 11. 8 Boers, 2 Nigerians, 1 Nubian. I love my one Nigerian, Morgan. He's the best. My boss & I took him to a church thing along with some ponies (lots of kids). He was amazing! I've also taken him to horse camps.. what a big hit with the kids! I'd like to get him a therapy gig.
Posted via Mobile Device

Day Mares 09-26-2011 09:38 AM

Goats are cool

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for pics and stories. What adorable goats you have. :-) Another pic of my 3, Hope is lead mare lol

eventerdrew 09-26-2011 09:56 AM

I do! Wish I had pictures of them on this computer.

I have Buddy- a HUGE dairy/boer wether
and Patrick- an Alpine/Pygmy wether
and his full brother Axel!

Jacksmama 10-24-2011 12:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This weekend I became foster mommy to a "wimpy kid" She is one of triplets out of my boyfriends goat and almost didn't make it, we found her laying flat in the field. Poor little girl couldn't even hold her head up at first, but we got some colostrom in her and got her warmed up and she is improving by leaps and bounds! She is still wobbly, but is now starting to frolic and play and I have fallen head over heels for her,lol. He told me I could keep her this morning, now to think of a name! She is a mix, though I'm not sure of what,lol.

Day Mares 10-28-2011 06:04 AM

Awwww Jacksmama your little girl is adorable!!! What names are you considering?

Tyler 10-28-2011 08:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've got three girls Nubians. I got them a couple months before I got my horse, so the four of them (the goats and Oakey) are inseparable!

Joe4d 10-28-2011 10:48 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Crazygoat, (thats his name) with his horns all tangled up in Lady's tail, walking around the pasture.