The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Horse Falls (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/horse-falls-9896/)

xxandrea16xx 06-08-2008 02:44 PM

Horse Falls

I have fallen off 20 times! :oops:
I have never gotten hurt though!
How many times have you fallen off?
Have you ever gotten hurt???
:?:

JustDressageIt 06-08-2008 03:05 PM

Too many to count, been hurt a lot too.

geewillikers 06-08-2008 04:25 PM

...have no idea how many times I've taken a spill...

falls range from slipping off while texting bareback, to cracking my head and having amnesia for an hour, to breaking my arm, to getting bucked off with a bear on the trail... :P

farmpony84 06-08-2008 05:29 PM

lots...

I used to fall off this welsh pony everytime I rode him, his name was Hanz, he was black, really cute... He bucked me off every lesson... then Pistol came along and I came off everytime I jumped him for a long time..... then the falls got further and fewer between and then... I fell off Beauty last summer, out of nowhere, just cantering and boom, the wicked witch got me off! Then a couple weeks ago that pony reared and bucked and almost fell on me...

I must say... I dread the falls now more than I ever did before... must be an age thing.....

PoptartShop 06-08-2008 05:51 PM

I don't know the exact number. I've fallen off before, lots though. :) Nothing major though. Recently I haven't fallen off much.

JustDressageIt 06-08-2008 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmpony84
He bucked me off every lesson...

Same with Dancer.. I fell off at least once per lesson for almost a year. Don't think she was a bucker though... lots and lots of refusals, spooks, and things like that. BLAH!

est1991 06-08-2008 08:01 PM

i've only fallen off once and that was b/c i blacked out when we were in canter. it was very strange, i just fainted and when i woke up i was on the ground with my horse looking down at me. i had no idea what happend.

Dumas'_Grrrl 06-09-2008 12:03 AM

I fall sometimes when I go to water the horses... :roll:

My hubby refers to me as "grace" lol I have fallen off of horses because of them and because of me. The most recent fall was when I was trying to adjust my stirup... I lost my balance and flop...right on the ground I went. ( it was in an arena full of people and I was able to half way disguise my fall with a half dismount, full twist, tie my shoe and look around method 8) ) I haven't fallen off of either of our new horses yet. I'm sure I will its only a matter of time. I concider a fall about like finding hay in your coat pockets...its always there just waiting for you.

JustDressageIt 06-09-2008 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dumas'_Grrrl
I fall sometimes when I go to water the horses... :roll:

My hubby refers to me as "grace" lol I have fallen off of horses because of them and because of me. The most recent fall was when I was trying to adjust my stirup... I lost my balance and flop...right on the ground I went. ( it was in an arena full of people and I was able to half way disguise my fall with a half dismount, full twist, tie my shoe and look around method 8) ) I haven't fallen off of either of our new horses yet. I'm sure I will its only a matter of time. I concider a fall about like finding hay in your coat pockets...its always there just waiting for you.

Thank you for brightening my day, DG!!! :lol:

myboydoc 06-09-2008 05:51 AM

Re: Horse Falls

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxandrea16xx
I have fallen off 20 times! :oops:
I have never gotten hurt though!
How many times have you fallen off?
Have you ever gotten hurt???
:?:

Acually I am not lying that I have only fallen off three times and one of those times I landed on my feet so it was kind of likle an emergency dismount. I think that I have only been sore from them though. Not hurt. :D