The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Western Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/)
-   -   What jeans do you wear? (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/what-jeans-do-you-wear-99120/)

.Delete. 09-28-2011 01:22 PM

What jeans do you wear?

Personally i used to wear tight jeans. American Eagle, Hollister, Bullhead, etc. jeans. I was too embarrassed to wear "mom jeans" when i rode. But going to the university we are required to wear riding jeans. Now i love love love my cruel girls! I dont care if they are mom jeans i wear them around campus with pride. I will never ride in another pair of "tight" jeans again.

I am curious to see what kinds of jeans other people wear when they ride.

MHFoundation Quarters 09-28-2011 01:25 PM

I live in Wrangler's ultimate riding jeans in the cowgirl cut. They don't gape open in the back :)

bsms 09-28-2011 01:46 PM

Levi 501s. Or the $15 Wranglers at Wal-Mart, to save money.

Maybe it helps to be a guy...:wink: Or to be at an age where I don't need to worry much about anyone staring at me. Between my girth, bifocals, farmer's tan & wrinkled face, I doubt much attention goes to my jeans!

http://www.horseforum.com/horses/pho...ab5b2_full.jpg

Idlepastures 09-28-2011 01:53 PM

I ride in whatever is clean. LOL. Most of my jeans I buy at Catos. I'm cheap. I use to wear cruel girl exclusively, but gravity has since allowed my butt to fit into them anymore.

Although, half the time I ride in whatever I wear to the barn. Scrubs, capris, jeans. Whatever I have on.

Dressage10135 09-28-2011 02:09 PM

Love the Wrangler Q-Baby's and Cowgirl Tuff jeans. The Ariats are comfortable but I found they wore down quicker than the other ones (and they were way too expensive for me lol).

Lonestar22 09-28-2011 02:12 PM

I wear Silver and Vigoss jeans. Most comfortable jeans I've ever had and they last a good while too. They're up there in the price.range though.
Posted via Mobile Device

gigem88 09-28-2011 02:20 PM

Yes, Wranglers Q-Babys are wonderful!

Ink 09-28-2011 02:41 PM

I'm also a big fan of silver jeans, for some reason they're the only ones that seem to really fit me. I try not to submit them to barn abuse until they bee sufficiently worn out. Then I slap some patches on the worst of the holes and retire them as barn jeans :-)
Posted via Mobile Device

iridehorses 09-28-2011 02:43 PM

I rode in Wranglers for as long as I can remember - until a few years ago when I needed a pair for some ranch work and didn't have an old pair of Wranglers to use.

I happened to be at Sam's Club and they have their own brand of jeans that sell for ~$13.00. Best jeans I've worn in a long time and they are every bit as heavy duty as Wranglers - hold up better too. That's all I use now. (Not the same as they sell at WalMart)

Poseidon 09-28-2011 02:55 PM

I can't wear Wranglers. :( I look terrible in them because I have really little thighs and small hips.

My favourite jeans to ride in are Levis and a pair of Fox jeans I have. And these pair I got from Kohl's, they're just their brand (So or something like that). Super comfy and stretchy.