The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   Looking for a horse in Ohio (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/looking-horse-ohio-99200/)

juliemom26 09-29-2011 12:23 PM

Looking for a horse in Ohio

Hey there,

I am a new to this forum, but have been reading posts like crazy to get as much info as I can. We live in central Ohio and are actively looking for a beginner horse for my daughter. She is 13 and is taking lessons from a great trainer here locally. We are very actively looking and have been for about 6/8 weeks.

Here is what we would like..... Our daughter is planning to show, at the minimum in 4H, possibly more. She is looking to show English and that is how she is doing her lessons. We are probably looking for a quarter horse for her and would like for it to be registered. It needs to have been there and done that as we have other children and we cannot have a spooky horse. We would like the horse to be a minimum of 15hh, but would prefer 15.2/15.3. We are not picky about color,etc, we are way more concerned about the horse being sound, sane and well trained when it come to showing. We are looking in the $2500 to $4000 price range. Our trainer is helping us look and will be an active part of the buying process (which is good considering we are just learning).

THanks so much guys and let me know if you have anything meeting these specifications!

Julie

amp23 09-29-2011 12:44 PM

Welcome to the forum! That's great that you've been looking around to learn what you can and you have a trainer to help you out. There is a section on here specifically for horses for sale, so maybe you could have some luck looking through there? Good luck in finding a good horse for your daugher!

gigem88 09-29-2011 02:20 PM

Dreamhorse.com has a lot of good horses, many reasonably priced. Good luck in your search.