The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

<3 Horse shows & friendships! <3

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  DraftyAiresMum 
#1 ·
Got bored this weekend (ok so not bored, I never run out of things to do lol...really I love making videos like this!) :lol: and made a video of Sandie and I and our first 3 years together, of showing and how much we've both learned and grown together.

It's been a blast and I can't believe what a diamond in the rough I found in this mare!!

Enjoy :D

#2 ·
Great video! Perfect song choice. Almost enough to make me tear up, I've had relationships with quite a few like that, there's nothing better. It's always fun proving the naysayers wrong too :-p

#4 ·
Thanks quarters! :) it is the best to know a horse the way I know sandie, there's just so much trust there it's awesome! geez I'm just afraid every future horse will never measure up to her! ;-)
Posted via Mobile Device

#7 ·
Thanks quarters! :) it is the best to know a horse the way I know sandie, there's just so much trust there it's awesome! geez I'm just afraid every future horse will never measure up to her! ;-)
Posted via Mobile Device
It's amazing to know them that way. None are the same, ever, but they all find special places in your heart.

I still miss my first heart horse, she's been gone for almost 20 years. I ride through the woods past her marker & still long for the days I spent with her. There will never be one to replace her but there's always room in our hearts for them to share space.

There are 3 on my farm that I've had the joy of knowing since birth, all in their 20s. My old man will be 30 next spring. He's been around for as long as my memory serves. We were babies together running around the farm. That one is going to be tough to deal with when the day comes.

#5 ·
Thanks raywonk! The toughest part has been "growing up" at my age with riding lol...started at 26 and got sandie 3 yrs ago when I was 28! It's been neat to learn with her though I have to say!
Posted via Mobile Device

#14 ·
Okay, you and Sandie have truly inspired me. This is exactly what I want to do with Aires. You've made me really want to get out there and work toward this. Starting tomorrow (I'd say today, but I have to be at work in a little under an hour, so I can't start today lol), we are going to start working so we can be as awesome as you guys!

#18 ·
She's really not in the market for another horse (just had to give her mare back to the previous owner because she couldn't afford her $300 a month hormone injections, plus paying board on a horse she can't use because of bowed tendons). :-p

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.