The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   Let's see those those fun clip jobs, Soon that time to bring your clippers out! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/lets-see-those-those-fun-clip-99539/)

Klassic Superstar 10-04-2011 12:25 AM

Let's see those those fun clip jobs, Soon that time to bring your clippers out!

I am on my iPad, so it won't let me upload pictures on this website, but tomorrow I'll post some clip jobs I did last year!

So post your pictures I guess from last year! Maybe give some people fun ideas for this year!?

Klassic Superstar 10-04-2011 12:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Zephyr, thats why the Z is there :)

Hoofprints in the Sand 10-04-2011 12:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok that Z is too cute!!! Mine's not quite so original, just a boring ol' trace clip ;-)

Klassic Superstar 10-04-2011 12:46 PM

Love all your ribbions!!! Your clip jpb looks so neat and tidy, last year was my first time evr clipping a horse, let alone my own haha! I am tryuingto come up with a few fun ideas for this year with my new horse!

BUMP! Post your pictures from last winter so we can all get ideas for THIS year!

Hoofprints in the Sand 10-04-2011 12:50 PM

haha thanks! My trainer actually did the clip job for me ;-) And this year I plan on pawning it off onto someone again, since I don't have any good clippers!

bjb 10-04-2011 10:36 PM

Probably a stupid question but why do you clip your horses like that? Is it for fun or a certain type of showing? And what time of year is it done?...thanks :/
Posted via Mobile Device

Klassic Superstar 10-04-2011 10:39 PM

Usually only body clip in the wint when your working your horse a lot. And really you can do any clip with any patterns or letters. It's always fun!

bjb 10-04-2011 10:42 PM

Oh so you'd only do it if your horse was blanketed and stalled in the winter right? It looks fun wish i could do it :)
Posted via Mobile Device

blue eyed pony 10-05-2011 07:12 AM

Yep you got it BJB, they have to have extra blankets on too if you would normally blanket them. My boy was blanketed all winter (Australia, opposite seasons) and I did clip him, so had to add another blanket underneath. My clip was a hunter clip and wasn't done that great but it worked ok. It's now mid-spring and the clip is still totally visible... I think I blanketed him a little TOO well?

I probably won't bother next year though unless I decide to enter some show hack classes, he doesn't grow a lot of coat if I rug him well enough for him to be happy, except on his legs and head where the cold could otherwise get to (which are areas I like to leave hairy anyway, being a jumper/eventer rider).

I am, however, in the process of clipping my dog, to keep prickles out of her coat. That's fun, and it's my first time with the clippers (had someone clip Monty for me) so I'm not expecting it to look any good AT ALL... but it does appear to be an ok clip job so far!

VelvetsAB 10-05-2011 04:10 PM

BJB--The lesson barn I ride at still turns horses out during the day (nice days) all winter, then bring them in for the night.

By clipping the horses, it means less time cooling out, and the horses aren't put away wet. Not all of the horses get clipped, only the ones that get sweatier. Clip jobs also vary per horse, with some just getting their neck/chest clipped, some trace clips, and some body clips (leg and face hair left).

Blue eyed-Some horses take longer to shed out then others, so it might just be that he is holding onto it more this year. A shedding blade helps a lot, and frequent brushing.

The past few years, hearts have been the "in" thing at our barn.