The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Barn Maintenance (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/)
-   -   First Day was AWESOME!!!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/barn-maintenance/first-day-awesome-9954/)

chasin the dream 06-09-2008 07:48 PM

First Day was AWESOME!!!!!

ok so i just started working at this new barn with 28 horses. today (monday) was my first day working there...it was soo cool.besides the fact that it was 100 degrees outside, it was fun.

we started by feeding them their grain, then giving everyone quick sprays because it was so hot and then we dumped waterbuckets and turned 28 horses out..and then i had to refill all the buckets and then put hay in the empty stalls.it was really fun! i mean all you horse owners are probably like.."why does she like doing that work?" haha--well im weird but i love to work with horses. but anyways..after being at the barn from 4:00 pm to 8:00 i am very tired and i can't wait to do it again next week.and apparently i have earned an english lesson and im so happy-this will be my first english lesson in 5 years! (because i rode western) anyways as u may have noticed im so happy! and i can't wait till next wait as ive said!( yes i reapeat lots of things :) )

PoptartShop 06-09-2008 08:08 PM

Aw that's great! Haha no, I know what you mean. It is a lot of fun...hard work, but fun! :) That's soo cool, I hope your lesson goes well! :D It is definitely a joy being around horses.

chasin the dream 06-09-2008 08:11 PM

im mad at myself though- i forgot the camera today so i got no pics- i guess im going to have to wait until sunday.ughh...i whine a lot.lmao

brightside 06-18-2008 07:08 PM

thats very exciting! I would love a job with horses! post some pictures next time!

buckaroo2010 06-18-2008 10:08 PM

wow 28 horses must be a big place! Heat no fun im so sick of hot weather but I hope that dosent stop you from enjoying tour new job! :)